While you are renovating your home or constructing a new one, plumbing has a crucial part to play. Poorly fitted or low-quality pipes can cause damage and may lead to leaks and walls with mold. Plastic UPVC pipes have become the gold standard for plumbing work across the globe due to their cost-effectiveness and longevity. Moreover, they have become quite popular and are extensively used both in commercial and residential sectors for water supply. Therefore, the best way to ensure a leak-proof plumbing system in your home is to use UPVC pipes.
What are UPVC and ASTM pipes, and how are they used?
Made of Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride, UPVC pipes are made of low maintenance and low-cost material. It is widely used in various industries and buildings for the distribution of potable water, or water transfer in bathrooms, kitchens, sinks, laboratories, etc. On the other hand, ASTM Pipes are highly superior, frugal, and give multiple advantages over conventional G.I. piping systems. This hygienic piping system acts as a long-term plumbing solution and is bestowed with many advanced features.
These are some of the benefits you can avail while you use UPVC pipe for your home or office: Let’s look at their many benefits more closely –
- Strength and Durability – Due to their high strength and durability, UPVC pipes act as a long-lasting solution for all types of plumbing needs. Its flexibility and bendability are suitable for any construction project or disasters like earthquakes. Additionally, their UV-resistant and rust-proof quality makes them long-lasting and enduring.
- Non-toxic –As the UPVC pipe is made of Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride, the material used in the pipes is entirely stable and non-reactive. They are also ideal to deal with temperatures up to 60°, preventing your homes or spaces from any leakage or crack.
- Easy to install and lightweight – Compared to heavy-weight metal or steel pipes, these pipes are made of lightweight plastic that makes them easy to carry, transport, or install. It additionally comes under different ranges and varieties to give ease to the users and by making it more budget-friendly.
- Leak-resistant – UPVC pipes come in multiple shapes and sizes, making it easier for construction workers to minimize the number of joints. Minimum joints mean minimum chances of leakage and do not require any welding or metalwork.
- Maximum Flow – Compared with copper, CPVC pipes are smoother, and they produce less noise when water flows through. Its smooth surface enables water to flow easily through without much friction and is more flexible than metallic piping, and fire-resistant.
With a variety of piping materials available in the market, choosing the ideal pipe that suits your requirement can be a daunting task. This is where you require an expert or professional plumbing engineer who can guide you with the best options available. It will help you to ensure that your piping work is done with the best products and at cost-effective rates.