QuickBooks Error PS036 is a conventional error encountered by multiple QB users when they are using QuickBooks payroll. This error is notorious for interrupting the update of your payroll to the latest tax table. The error displays an error message, “PS036 There is a problem verifying your payroll subscription”. With this error, QuickBooks can even stop calculating the taxes. This article will cover the basic information that you may need resolve this error in QuickBooks effectively.
To get practical solutions that can resolve this error in minutes, you can reach out to the professional team of QuickBooks at (1-855-948-3646).
Reasons For QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036
A number of factors can be responsible for the occurrence of this error. You need to be sure to find the reason for your error. Doing so will benefit you in implementing the correct solutions. Now, go through the reasons stated below:
- Payroll subscription is invalid or has expired.
- Paysub.ini file is damaged or corrupt.
- Your company file’s PSID is wrong.
- The service key you are using is invalid or incorrect.
- Numerous payroll agreements are active with the inactive direct deposit agreement.
- Your company file has some damage.
- QuickBooks application or supporting Windows components are not updated.
- A wrong EIN number is another reason for this error to occur.
- Windows do not support the version of QuickBooks in use.
- The payroll subscription status is displaying an error message.
Now that you are aware of the reasons for the error, it’s better you go through the solutions explained in the next section.
Symptoms That Indicate QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036
Knowing the signs can help you take a prompt action if required. Identifying the signs or symptoms early on can minimize some early damage as you’ll be quick to react. Go through the points given below:
- Your active window can crash immediately when this error takes place.
- Slow or sluggish performance of the system.
Now that you understand some of the symptoms, it’s best you try some methods that can fix this error efficiently.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Update Error PS036
You can endeavor multiple methods to fix this error effectively. However, the aim is to fix the cause of your error. Hence, you must try and look for those measures that specifically fix the reason for your error. Go through the methods explained below:
Method 1: Check QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
By verifying your QuickBooks Payroll subscription, you are effectively fixing this error with ease. Go through some simple steps given below to resolve QuickBooks Error PS036:
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks and the tax table release.
- Open QuickBooks. Sign in to your Payroll Service Account.
- Now, click on Employee, My Payroll Services, and then Account/Billing Information.
- Now, enter your login credentials and finally click on Sign In.
- Once logged in to your Payroll Account Management Portal, move to the Payroll Details section.
- EIN displayed with the company name should be correct.
- Click on Edit next to an option that reads Payroll Admin. Make any necessary changes, if required.
- Now, click on Update and then click on Close to save any changes.
- Restart your system and download the updates, if needed.
- Open QuickBooks and check if your issue got resolved.
You can now move to the following method that’ll resolve your error if these measures haven’t helped you.
Method 2: Rename Paysub.ini
You can rename the paysub.ini file to resolve this error quickly. Go through the measures stated below:
- Paysub.ini is a hidden file. You need to first change the settings of the windows folder options if you wish to view this file.
- Now, open My Computer. After this step, you can hit on Organize.
- Click on Folder And Search Option. Now, finally, select the View tab.
- Click on Hidden Files And Folders and tick-mark the Show Hidden Files, Folders And Drivers option.
- Click on Apply. Then you can click on OK.
- Move to My Computer, and from the search bar, search for Paysub.ini.
- See the paysub.ini file and right-click on it, and choose the option of Rename.
- You can then rename the file extension from .ini to .old.
- Now repeat the same process for all the Paysub files found.
QuickBooks Error PS036 is not a complicated error to fix, provided you know the proper steps. To implement the correct measures, you must accurately diagnose the cause of your error. Hence, make sure to carefully read the reasons and the solutions mentioned in this blog. With that achieved, you can effectively resolve this error in no time.
Make sure to contact the team of QuickBooks professionals at (1-855-948-3646) when you require professional assistance or help.