BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) is the much known professional bachelor’s degree. This course is about the management of a business, company or association. You are taught in-depth knowledge of the business world as well as skills and all the intricate aspects of running a business.
If someone wants to pursue a long-term career in management, BBA (also known as BBM or BMS) then, without a doubt this is the best and most appropriate course. This course will provide the students with conceptual, theoretical and practical knowledge in several aspects of business like finance, operations, marketing, basic accounting, economics etc. These are all the forms of studies at the undergraduate level and Management specializations.
The BBA graduate students can look forward to the various multinational companies in India as well as abroad, which offer jobs to many BBA graduates. In India many Universities or colleges offer a BBA degree 3 year program for students. A student having any subject be it commerce, arts or science in 12th class can get admission to the BBA Course in India. Here in India around a total of 660+ Government BBA college offer various management programs for under graduation.
This article by Gradeup intends to provide you with deeper insights and all essential and relevant information related to the BBA with the sole aim of optimizing your preparation by provding necessary supplements you require.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Course Highlights:
- BBA Course Level – U.G. course
- BBA Duration – 3 Yrs course
- Eligibility – 12th pass from a recognized board of education or university
- Admission Process – Entrance exam-based or Merit-based (12th Marks)
- Average Course Fee – BBA fees in India range between 1 lakh to 2.5 lakhs
- Examination Type – Semester
- Average Starting Salary – salary range for BBAs in India is 2 lakhs to 5 lakhs per annum.
- Top Recruiting Companies – Hindustan Unilever, Microsoft, Sony, Tata Consultancy Services, ICICI, IBM, Banking Industry etc.
- After BBA Job Opportunities – Marketing Executive, Research & Development Manager, Sales Executives, HR Manager, Accounting Manager etc.
Most of the universities or colleges give admission in BBA course after 12th based on the marks secured by the candidate in the higher secondary board examination. The candidates with higher marks in higher secondary (12th) are taken as a preference criterion in most of the institutions.
There are few colleges which conduct an entrance test for admitting candidates to their BBA courses based on the norms issued by the affiliating university. There are some government colleges in India offering BBA program, reserve a certain percentage of BBA seats to candidates who belong to the Scheduled Caste (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) category, according to the norms of the State Government. The candidate must hold a higher secondary or equivalent degree from any recognized board of education or University. Candidate must have an age between 17 to 25 years to be eligible for a BBA program enrollment.
List of BBA Government Colleges in India:
Below listed are most of the Government BBA Colleges in India for Bachelor of Business Administration courses every student should refer to these colleges. Below listed contains colleges in different states of India.
- Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Jai Hind College, Mumbai
- Kamla Nehru College for Women, New Delhi
- K.C. College of Arts Science and Commerce, Mumbai
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies (Govt.) Delhi University
- Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi
- AIMS Institutes, Pune
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi
- Asutosh College, Kolkata
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya, Delhi
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
- Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM), Mumbai
- Sivanath Sastri College, Kolkata
- NMKRV College for Women
- Khalsa College, Amritsar
- Khalsa College for Women
- DAV College Chandigarh
- Government College for Women Sivagangai
- Government Arts College, Trichy
- Government Arts College, Thiruvannamalai
- Government Arts College, Salem
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya, New Delhi
- Government Brennen College, Kannur
- Sree Neelakanta Government Sanskrit College, Palakkad
- Government Arts & Sports College, Jalandhar
- A.A. Government Arts College for Men, Namakkal
- Maharani Arts and Science Women’s College, Dharmapuri
- Alagappa Government Arts College, Karaikudi
- Government Arts College, Paramakudi
- Government Arts College, Dharmapuri
- Government Arts College for Women, [GACW] Sivaganga
- Government Arts College for Men, Krishnagiri
- Perunthalaivar Government Arts College, Pondicherry
- College of Vocational Studies, University of Delhi
- BAOU Ahmedabad Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University
- Guru Nanak College, Chennai
- Gargi College Delhi
- Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Delhi
- Bhai Parmanand Institute of Business Studies, Delhi
- School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University
BBA Government Colleges in India Fee Structure:
When we compare between Government colleges and private colleges in India than Studying in Government colleges for BBA can be very pocket friendly. The fee ranges from INR 15,000 to INR 1,00,000 for the entire course. Below mentioned a list of very known BBA Government colleges in India and their approximate total fee.
|Colleges||Location||Total Fees INR|
|MCC – Madras Christian College||Chennai||83,757|
|Jamia Millia Islamia University||Delhi||39,000|
|Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce||Delhi||69,000|
|Jai Hind College||Mumbai||60,744|
|Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi||Delhi||16,280|
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University||Ahmedabad||41,000|