QuickBooks company file not found is a strange technical error message you may see on your screen when you attempt to open a company file. When you open a company file from the No Company Open windows, QuickBooks might display, “QuickBooks can’t find your company file”. You may see a different error message for this issue. There can be several reasons behind this error message. This blog will discuss the reasons and the possible solutions you can undertake to resolve this error message.
It’s also better to contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you can’t fix this error message on your own.
Reasons That Trigger Company File Not Found In QuickBooks Desktop
Multiple reasons can contribute to the development of this error message. What’s important is to recognize the reason for your error message. Multiple causes can be at play when it comes to this error message. Go through the points given below:
- QuickBooks company file moved to a new location.
- You open the QuickBooks company file using the wrong option.
- Wrong or accidental deletion of QuickBooks company file locally or on the server.
- Unstable network connectivity can cause QB company file to not be found.
With the reasons in mind, move to the following section that’ll cover the methods that can help you fix this error message.
Troubleshooting Steps For QuickBooks Company File Error
You can try various steps to resolve this error. Make sure to implement an accurate solution that can quickly fix your error message. Go through the measures discussed below:
Method 1: Verify Network Connectivity
Check that your internet connection is intact and secure. Doing that can help you resolve this error message or will give you an idea to fix this error message. Implement the measures given below:
- Open the Run window.
- Now, type CMD in the run box. Hit Enter.
- Type or enter ipconfig/all and then click on OK. Now, hit Enter.
- Note the Hostname or the server name.
- Now, type Ping and press Enter.
- If you do get a response for each packet, then that means you are connected to the server. Else, it indicates the exact opposite.
You can now try the following method that’ll help you fix this error message if the above measures have failed.
Real Also – QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer
Method 2: Open The File Using The Right Option
Opening the file with the right method can help you resolve this error effectively. Go through the measures stated below:
- For Backup File, go to File. Then, click on Open Or Restore Company and finally Restore A Backup File.
- The Company File can be viewed by clicking on File. Then, click on Open Or Restore Company. You can then click on Open A Company File.
QuickBooks company file not found is an easy to resolve error message with the measures that are mentioned in this blog. Make sure to read the causes carefully and perform the measures implemented with precision.
It’s better to call the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you can’t fix this error message with ease.