The decision to the packaging of a drug in the pharmaceutical industry is a big decision and must be made after thorough thinking. This is because one needs to store and pack these in such containers that ensure that they remain intact and with no reaction. In the pharmaceutical industry packaging of the drug is of cannot be taken granted for. The packaging must be such that protects the physical as well as the chemical aspect of the drug. It must be such that no external influence or environmental factor can impact the dug. This packaging also serves as a source of information by displaying the contents of the drug. They also act as an identification code of the drug. Among various options, the one that is very popular is the use of an amber bottle. The quality amber bottle from the amber glass bottles manufacturer offers the best protection to the product stored in them. Amber glass is highly preferred for storing liquid drugs. In some cases, they are also used for storing pills for their various benefits. There are various benefits of the use of amber bottles in the pharmaceutical industry. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Photoprotection: The drug stability is greatly influenced by light especially UV light. The UV light can lead to a change in the content of the drugs leading to unfit for consumption. There is a need for solid packaging that protects the drugs from the effects of visible light. Amber bottles are known to provide such protection. Amber bottle helps in avoiding the degradation of the drug due to photochemical.
- Chemically Intact: Amber glass is a non-reactive material that ensures that there is no leakage of any type of matter into the drug within the bottle. This is very important as pharmaceutical products are developed by maintaining a certain balance of various components and any disturbance to existing formula can be dangerous and the whole product goes waste. Other alternatives such as plastic bottles are known to react with certain material thus making them no an idle option as compared to amber glass bottles.
- Environment-Friendly: The use of amber bottles for storing and packaging drugs is an eco-friendly option. The amber bottles can be recycled and also they can be easily sterilized for using them again. Thus this has led to increased popularity among various drug manufacturers.
- Temperature resistance: The medicines to maintain their properties it is vital that they are kept at optimal temperature. Amber glass packaging enables to do so as it ensures that with their change in temperature there is no effect on the properties of the medicines.
- Versatile: The glass used for manufacturing can be molded into a number of shapes and sizes without any difficulty. Thus the use of amber glass makes it possible to cater to the different needs of the manufacturer.
Hence these are some of the benefits of using amber glass in the pharmaceutical industry. This has led to an increase in the demand for amber bottle export so that only quality amber bottles are used for packaging and storing drugs.