Roku is one of the best smart TV devices available in the market. Instant Help Zilla brings you the easiest step to fix Roku Error Code 009. This error is associated with the Internet connection of the Roku device.
Three Methods to Fix Roku Error Code 009
Instant Help Zilla research suggests the following methods to fix Roku Error Code 009:
- Switch Off and Switch On the Devices:
- Disconnect the HDMI cable between the Roku and the TV.
- Unplug its power adapter from the mains.
- Also, unplug the router’s power adapter from the power board.
- Wait for up to 10 seconds.
- Now, connect all power adapters and plug in the HDMI cable from the TV to the Roku.
- Give it a try to stream using Roku.
If the above method doesn’t work, move on to the next one.
- Network Settings Reset
To fix Roku Error Code 009, give the following steps a try:
- Log in to your Roku account and get to the System section.
- Tap on System Restart and then select the Network Connection Reset button.
- Wait some time for the device to reset and restart.
- Now, go to the Settings and then Network.
- Click on the Setup a New Wifi Connection Option inside Network.
- Choose the available wifi and then click on the I am at home button.
- Keep settings Automatic in all upcoming options and type in the wifi password.
- Now, go back to the main menu and see if the issue persists or not.
- Reset the Roku Application
- Access the Roku account and then tap on System.
- Tap on System Restart and then choose Factory Reset.
- Try streaming again once the device restarts.
You can now seamlessly fix Roku Error Code 009, otherwise known as an Internet connectivity error. For more instant help articles, visit Instant Help Zilla from time to time.