Melatonin works as a circadian rhythm and makes you feel sleepy when it’s dark, but what is the best way to Sleep with Melatonin Supplement?
Today, I am going to tell you what is the best way to sleep with Melatonin Supplement.
Melatonin supplement helps in sleep problems when your body fails to get enough signals about the time to sleep and wake.
There are two forms of Melatonin, one is synthetic, or man-made and the other one is natural, which comes from the glands of animals. You should always choose the synthetic version as the natural type can have viruses that can make you sick.
It should be clearly mentioned on the product’s label, but ask a pharmacist or a doctor before you take it if you are not sure.
The FDA regulates Melatonin like dietary supplements are regulated, so it is very important to know that they are not prescribed the same as prescription drugs.
How much to take?
The best dosage depends on the sleep issue you are having and trying to solve.
- If you are dealing with jet lag, then you should take the dose once you arrive at your destination, the time when you are likely to go to bed. Some studies say that Melatonin is best when you are traveling east, and it might not adjust to westward travel.
- If you work the night shift, you should take it at the end of your workday and never before driving back home.
How do you get the best results?
When you take the Melatonin supplement, just make sure you don’t get affected by the artificial light.
After taking the supplements, you should:
- Avoid your phone and other devices.
- Turn off overhead lights in the evening.
- Bright light in the morning.
Once you decide to take Melatonin, discuss with your doctor and talk to him thoroughly about your problems and conditions and then start taking it once it is prescribed by your doctor and be careful to ask your doctor that how it can affect other medications you take.