According to the QB users and their feedbacks, QuickBooks is respected to be one of the best accounting programming till date. It is exceptionally profitable and lets the user to manage all the accounting activities in the smoothest conceivable way. It accompanies endless highlights, one of which is multi-user mode, which not just strengthens the efficiency and additionally QuickBooks experience. It lets multiple users to access and manage the very record while too in a similar network.
How do I set up multi user in QuickBooks desktop? To empower multi–user mode, go to the File menu in QuickBooks and choose “Multi–User Mode”
Steps to Sync QuickBooks file between two computers:
- Install and Download Data Transfer Utility provided by Intuit.
- Paste your company file to the primary computer from a secondary computer.
- Start QuickBooks on the primary computer.
- In Data Transfer Utility.
What is multi-user network in QuickBooks desktop?
Before you become familiar with the process to set up multi user network in QuickBooks desktop, it is essential to understand, what it is really. Multi-user mode permits more than one individual to chip away at a solitary company file simultaneously. This component saves a great deal of time and makes things fast and simple. In the event that you are having a tremendous firm having an enormous number of workers, at that point multi-user mode can be truly helpful for you. However, it ought to be noticed that to set-up multi-user network in QuickBooks, the user needs to possess a different authorized duplicate of QuickBooks installed in the framework.
Quick facts to setup multi-user network
QuickBooks permits the users to have accesses to the information file everywhere on the network. However, every user should install the software independently. Various records are provided distinctive access like:
- QuickBooks enterprise solution is allowed a stature of 30 users to access the file together
- Though the number remaining parts a maximum of 5 users in QuickBooks Premier
- And the number even drops down to maximum of 3 in QuickBooks Pro
Steps to Set up Multi-User Network in QuickBooks desktop
Below we have provided few of the technical steps to set up the multi-user network in QuickBooks desktop. You can also take help from QuickBooks customer support team to save your precious time and efforts.
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Desktop
- First, Download the QuickBooks software and save it as a file.
- Then, Install the Software in the system.
- Choose the Multi-User host installation.
Step 2: Turn on Multi-user Hosting
- Open the QuickBooks software.
- Update the company file to a new version if required.
- Go to ‘file‘ > ‘Utilities‘ > ‘Host multi-user access‘.
Step 3: Turn on folder and Windows access permissions to share company files
- Right-click the folder that carries the company file
- Go to ‘Properties’ > ‘Select Security’ > ‘Edit’.
- Choose ‘QBDataServiceUserXX’ and select ‘Full Control’, then ‘Allow’.
- Click on ‘Apply’, and then click ‘OK’ button.
Set up Windows access permissions to share company files
- Press ‘Windows+E’ keys to open the ‘File Explorer’
- Find and right-click the folder containing your company files.
- Move to ‘Properties’ > ‘Sharing‘ > ‘Share Add’.
- Choose the corresponding ‘QBDataServiceUserXX’ for your version.
- Set the permission level of both users to ‘Full Control’ and then, click ‘Share’.
Step 4: Configure the firewall and security settings for the desktop
- Open ‘Start’ menu and search ‘Firewall’.
- Choose ‘Windows Firewall’ and select ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Right-click on ‘Inbound Rules’ and pick ‘New Rule’
- Click on ‘Port’ and then, ‘Next’ button.
- Check the ‘TCP’ option and type in specific ports needed for your QuickBooks year version.
- Make sure ‘Allow the Connection’ is selected.
- Checkmark all the profiles and go ‘next’.
- Give the name to the rule and click ‘Finish’ when done.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop again in multi-user mode or over your network.
Step 5: Scan your file and Set up the QuickBooks database server manager
- Go to the ‘Start’ button > ‘Programs’ > ‘QuickBooks’.
- Then, Click the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- Pick the ‘Scan Folders’ tab.
- Click the ‘Add Folder’ button.
- Select the folder containing your company files and then click ‘OK’. Choose ‘Add Folder’ again to add additional folders.
- Press the ‘Scan button’ to begin the scan.
- Click close when the scan is completed.
Steps 6: Add the Windows Admin Rights to allow the Configuration of Multi-User access
For Windows 10:
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu > ‘Settings’ > ‘Accounts’ > ‘Family & other users’.
- Then, select ‘Add someone else to this computer’.
- At the foot of the page, select “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information”, then Add a user without Microsoft account.
- Give a ‘New name’ and ‘Password’ to the account.
- Select ‘Finish’.
- Then, provide administrator privileges to the new user.
- Select the ‘newly created account’, then ‘Account Type’.
- Choose the ‘Administrator tab’ from the drop-down.
- Select ‘OK’ to save the changes.
For Windows 8 and 7:
- Press ‘Ctrl+R’ keys and open the ‘Control Panel’.
- Choose ‘User Accounts’ > ‘Manage another Account’ > ‘Create a new account’.
- Type in the user name, then select ‘Administrator’ and click ‘Create’.
Step 7: Open a company file located on a remote computer
- Go to the ‘QuickBooks File menu’ and select ‘Switch to Multi-user Mode’.
- Select ‘Yes’ in the Multi-user set up hosting window.
- Press ‘OK’ on the Multi-user setup information window.
- Add the required users by going to ‘Company’ > ‘Set Up Users’ and ‘Passwords’ > ‘Set Up Users’ > ‘Add User’.
Here are some QuickBooks multiuser Network Error and Issue:
- QuickBooks abort in multi-user mode: When you try to connect two computers through the network.
- QuickBooks error H202 : This error occur when you try to multi-user mode switching.
- QuickBooks Error H505 : This error occur when you try to multi-user mode switching
Multi-user mode can be exceptionally valuable in making this smoother and effective. The steps given above will definitely assist you with completing the Setup of the Multi-User network in the QuickBooks desktop. We guarantee you that after these steps as per your necessities will make the process simpler. We prescribe you to converse with our professionals for some other question or doubt that you face during the process. You can talk with our QuickBooks chief support experts