The comparison between G Suite and Office 365 is an endless debate. There is no doubt that there are two leading cloud-based email services vying for the top spot. However, in 2020, when the two companies announced a three-month free trial for their full service, the debate took a new path. And, currently, organizations have a huge demand when looking for a comparison between G Suite and Office 365 Suite.
In this blog, we will pay attention to this never-ending debate by expressing our knowledge. If you want to switch to other cloud services, you will get a complete overview of the cloud suites and solutions.
Which is better, G Suite or Office 365?
Below, we’ll provide a breakdown of these two suites by comparing G Suite and Office 365 to find the suite that’s right for your business. Here are the factors that compare the two kits:
- Email service
- Storage capacity
- Safety & Security
- Conclusion of the comparison
Price comparison of G Suite and Office 365
The first and most critical factor in starting to compare cloud suites is their pricing and plans. Everyone wants to choose the right dress that fits their organization’s budget. Below we will provide a comparison table between G Suite and Office 365.
In the beginning, price was an important factor when making a decision. You want to choose a solution that fits your budget.
We compare the prices of G Suite and Office 365 to find out which is the best value for money.
Both kits are competitively priced, which makes it more difficult to decide when choosing the right kit for your business organization. Fortunately, there are other determining factors to compare the two.
Feature comparison of G Suite and Office 365 Suite
Both Office 365 and G Suite are webmail email clients with a large number of features that can help organizations conduct business easily. Let’s take a look at some of the main features and compare the two kits.
Commercial email client
Gmail for Business: G Suite allows administrators to register domain names or use their existing domain names to create email accounts.
- The domain name format is: userName@domainName.com.
- It also allows the creation of 30 email aliases for each user.
- The email service will have the same interface as the @ gmail.com account.
- Easily access your email via the Gmail mobile app.
Outlook Online: Also allows for the creation of a professional email ID with the same name as the domain name.
- The domain name will have the following format: usernName@domainName.onmicrosoft.com.
- Allows the creation of 400 email aliases for each user.
- Use Outlook as a mail application with a web version, a mobile application and MS Outlook as a desktop application.
File storage and sharing
File storage is one of the main reasons for choosing a cloud-based email client. In addition to always providing the email service, you will also have unlimited storage space to save organizational data. You can access your data anytime, anywhere through web services, desktop applications, or mobile applications.
G Suite storage: G Suite provides Google Drive as a storage platform.
- The G Suite basic plan offers 30GB of storage for each user. For additional plans, the storage space is unlimited.
- With Google Drive, you can easily share files with colleagues or others. You can share it by email or you can share it directly with others, then allow them to view, edit and download only.
- Also, with the help of the WordPress website, you can easily store the website data directly into your Google Drive account.
Office 365 Storage: Office 365 provides OneDrive to store the data within it.
- Office 365 provides 1 TB of storage for all of its Office 365 plans. While this is enough storage, it is not unlimited. 1 TB of OneDrive storage cannot cover the 50 GB of email storage provided separately.
- Web, mobile, and desktop applications that come with OneDrive storage are allowed. If you’re using Windows 10 and 8, OneDrive will be the default application. You can use it to sync drive data with your computer.
Other business applications
G Suite application
Office 365 applications
Security comparison of G Suite and Office 365
When using cloud applications, the security of the organization’s data is the most important concern for the organization. Let’s compare the safety features of the two kits:
G Suite security features
- G Suite’s security is the same one used by Google itself, which includes automatic detection of suspicious activity, login attempts, hacking, phishing, etc.
- Provide two-factor authentication for all user accounts.
- The function of preventing any outgoing communication by providing keywords to prevent data leakage.
- Provides integrated spam, malware and virus detection for emails, documents and attachments.
Office 365 Security Features –
- Security isn’t as strong as Google’s, but it’s still hard to crack
- It also provides two-factor authentication for all user accounts.
- Artificial intelligence tools are used to learn user habits to detect suspicious activity.
- It also provides spam, virus and malware detectors for emails, documents and attachments.
Bottom line: G Suite vs Office 365 comparison
Both Office 365 and G Suite are the best cloud-based email clients currently available for business organizations. Both kits are easy to use and provide multiple user-friendly applications.
However, when we compare pricing and storage, G Suite is the leader. Otherwise, the two methods are the same and different. You can choose the right platform for your organization and test it for free.
Planning to switch?
If you want to switch from Microsoft 365 to Google Workspace, you can opt for the tried and tested methods to migrate Office 365 to G Suite step by step.
Carefully read the above Office 365 vs G Suite comparison guide and choose the best suit for your organization.