There are situations where your database MDF file is inaccessible and you need to recover data from corrupted MDF file. To overcome this situation, we have come up with this article, here you will learn both the manual as well as an automated solution. But remember manual method may create problems for you.
In such a situation, we recommend to take the help of an automated solution. Therefore in the below segment this blog we will explain the best and reliable automated software to recover data from corrupted MDF files.
HOW SQL SERVER MDF FILE GETS CORRUPTED?
There are several reasons due to which the MDF file gets corrupted. Once this happens, all the data stored in it become completely inaccessible to the users. Before proceeding to the solution. Let’s first list the possible reasons for MDF corruption.
- If there is corruption in the storage device or storage media where your database MDF files are stored.
- If these files are stored in a compressed folder, then it turns corrupt or even becomes inaccessible.
- Any unwanted alteration or changes done in the SQL Server account.
- If someone deleted important data accidentally or intentionally from the SQL MDF file.
- Defected disk drivers, Virus Attacks, Hard disk failure, abrupt system shutdown can result in MDF file corruption.
- If a network failure occurs in between when the database files are in use.
- Abnormal termination of the SQL Server can corrupt the database file.
METHODS TO REPAIR CORRUPTED & DAMAGED MDF FILE IN SQL SERVER
Users can recover data from corrupted and damaged MDF files easily with the help of the following methods. In the upcoming section, we are going to disclose the easy and workable step-by-step process for the same. You just need to follow all the given steps carefully to get a better result. And here it comes!!
Manually Recover Data from Corrupted MDF File
Follow the given steps to recover corrupt MDF files using the DBCC command:
First of all, run the given command DBCC CHECKDB on the corrupt database:
DBCC CHECKDB (Name_of_corrupt_database)
And then, checkup the index ID
- If you get index ID is more than 1, then drop it and create again.
- If you get index ID is either 0 or 1, run DBCC CHECKDB again with the suitable repair options like-
DBCC CHECK (name_of_corrupt_database, repair_fast)
DBCC CHECK (name_of_corrupt_database, repair_rebuild)
DBCC CHECK (name_of_corrupt_database, repair_allow_data_loss)
PROFESSIONAL SOLUTION TO RECOVER DATA FROM CORRUPTED MDF FILE
If you have tried the manual method to repair corrupt database files and failed to get the desired result. Then you must use the SQL Repair tool which is the best program to recover deleted, corrupted data from MDF &NDF files. The tool not only repairs the corrupt database files but also retrieves the permanently deleted data without any hassle.
The software has a quick and advanced scanning option, to get back the lost data efficiently even from a severely corrupt database file in the minimum possible time. Additionally, it will maintain data integrity throughout the process. And it is compatible with every version of the MS SQL Server 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, and so on.
STEPS TO RECOVER DATA FROM CORRUPT MDF FILE IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS
This is the most strategic way to repair the MDF file data. You just need to download the tool in your system and follow these easy steps listed below:
- Install and run this efficient tool on your Windows OS.
- Click on the Open button to browse the MDF file from their location.
- Select the Quick or Advance scanning option and start the scanning process. After the scan process completes, preview the complete MDF file data including the deleted ones.
- Now, to save the recovered data select an option from- SQL Server Database, CSV file Format, SQL Compatible Scripts. At last, click on the Export button.
If you are unable to access data from your MDF file, then the most critical situation arises is how to recover data from corrupted MDF file. So, in this blog, first, we have mentioned a manual trick to repair MDF files in SQL Server. If anyhow this trick doesn’t work for you, then you can switch to the 100% result-oriented solution using the automated tool. The SQL Recovery tool helps you to recover severely corrupted SQL data files (.mdf/.ndf) easily