An error message can appear on your screen that says, “QuickBooks Has Stopped Working” while using QuickBooks. It can come out of nowhere and can make you quit the application unexpectedly. Even when you try to reopen the QuickBooks, you can get the same error message. Sometimes, without any error message, QuickBooks can start freezing. To get rid of this error message, read this blog carefully.
If you still can’t figure out a way, then get in touch with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.
Causes Of Why QuickBooks Desktop Does Not Start?
A host of reasons can bring about this error message on your application. You should be careful when deciding the reason for your error message. Knowing the reason is the first step towards resolving an error message. Hence, as you know, it’s crucial, so read the steps given below:
- QuickBooks is partially installed on the system.
- You have damaged or corrupt sectors on your hard disk.
- The QuickBooks company file has more characters than the permitted limit.
- QuickBooks installation files are broken or damaged.
Knowing these reasons is crucial as they help in fixing the error message. The solutions become easy with this, as the methods are discussed in the next section.
Solutions When QB Closes With No Error
Hopefully, you must have recognized the reason for your error message from the above section. With that done, you can now try the solutions discussed in this section. Make sure to perform only those steps that fix the reason for your error message. Now, go through the measures described below.
Solution 1: Scan And Fix Bad Sectors On Hard Disk
You can scan and fix the bad sectors on your hard disk to fix this error message efficiently. Now, go through the steps given below:
- First, open Windows File Manager and right-click on the C drive.
- Choose Properties and in the Tools tab, click on Check Now.
- Tick the Automatically Fix System Errors and Scan For Attempt Recovery Of Bad Sectors.
- Now, click on Start and hold until the Windows completes the scan and repair process.
You can try the next set of measures if these steps weren’t successful in eliminating your error message.
You May Read Also – QuickBooks Error 9999
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
You should download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix this error message effectively. Follow the measures performed below:
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- You can now choose the Desktop to save the file.
- Before accessing the tool, close every running application on Windows.
- You can now double-click on the setup file from the Desktop. Now, follow the instructions to start the process.
- Your system can take up to 25 minutes to fix the damage in the installation.
- Once the tool is done, restart your system and open QuickBooks to see if the error message got fixed.
QuickBooks Not Responding can get fixed easily, provided you understand the reason for your error message. To get this done, read the causes mentioned in this blog. You can execute the steps as per the reason for your error message.
If you want more solutions or professional assistance, contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.