Want to make some changes to the company file, but every time you try to open it in QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks error 6144 82 pops up on the computer screen? If yes, make sure to read this post until the end to know why it arises and how you can get rid of it as quickly as possible. You might be seeing an error description with the error pop-up, reading, “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Dealing with QuickBooks error 6144 82 can be pretty daunting for you. However, there is no need to worry as immediate troubleshooting assistance from our QuickBooks professionals is just a call away at 1.800.579.0391.
What are the reasons triggering QuickBooks error code 6144 82?
Down below, we have mentioned all the possible reasons that can trigger QuickBooks error code 6144 82 while attempting to open the company file:
- Any virus or malware is preventing QuickBooks Desktop from opening the company file.
- The company file is either damaged or corrupted.
How can you rectify QuickBooks error 6144 82?
Solution 1) Restore the backup company file in QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1) Find the location of the QuickBooks backup company file
- Select the Start menu on the computer.
- Into the search column, enter *.qbb and select the Open file location option.
- Write down the path to the location where the backup company file is stored.
Step 2) Restore the QuickBooks backup company file
- On the computer, open the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Choose the File menu at the top menu bar.
- Choose the Open or Restore Company option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Restore a backup copy option and then choose the Next button.
- Choose the Local Backup option and then select the Next button.
- Select the QuickBooks backup company file using the path you have noted down in step 1.
- To save the restored company file, choose a folder and then select the Open button.
- At last, select the Save button.
Read Also – QBDBMgrn Not Running On This Computer
Solution 2) Use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery feature to restore the company file
- Create a folder with the name QBTest on the Windows desktop.
- Open File Explorer by pressing Windows and E keys simultaneously on the keyboard.
- Open the C: drive and then navigate to the following path: Users\Public\
Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Find the folder called QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery and open it.
- Copy the .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr files and paste them to the QBTest folder created on the Windows desktop.
- Thereafter, remove “.adr” from the name of .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr files.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and choose the File menu at the top menu bar.
- Select the Open or Restore Company option from the options list.
- Choose the Open a company file option and then select the Next button.
- Select the QBW file stored on the QBTest folder and then hit the Open button.
- At last, type in the username and password of QuickBooks as prompted.
If you cannot get rid of QuickBooks error 6144 82 even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions explained above in the post, then our recommendation for you is to use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool as it is specifically designed to resolve company file errors and see whether this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting support to resolve the company file error, don’t hesitate to speak to our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.