There are several errors that a user can encounter when trying to open the company file in the QuickBooks Desktop application, and among them, one of the most common is QuickBooks error 6123. A user might get the following error message with the error pop-up, stating, “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.” In this post, we are going to discuss with you the reasons that can trigger the company file error in QuickBooks Desktop, alongside all the possible troubleshooting solutions.
Looking for instant troubleshooting support resolving QuickBooks error 6123 without breaking a sweat? If yes, don’t hesitate to speak to our technical support team at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.
What are the reasons triggering QuickBooks error 6123 0?
Down below, we have mentioned all the possible reasons that can trigger QuickBooks error 6123 0 when trying to open the company file:
- There is some data corruption in the QuickBooks company file.
- Any QuickBooks program file is either damaged or corrupted.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 1603
How can you get rid of QuickBooks error 6123?
Solution 1) Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most recent version (220.127.116.11) from Intuit’s website and store it on the Windows Desktop.
- Choose the setup file QuickBooksToolHub.exe you downloaded and follow the steps you see on the screen.
- Double-select the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s icon to open the application.
- From the left panel of the window, choose the Company File Issues tab.
- Under the Fix My Company File section, choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button.
- Choose the Browse button to search for the QuickBooks working company file (with the .qbw extension).
Note: QuickBooks company file is usually stored in the folder named Company Files that you can access by following the path: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Choose the Check your file option and then select the Continue button.
- Type in the admin username and password of QuickBooks as prompted.
- Choose the Continue button.
- Once the file doctor tool is done repairing the company file, choose the company name from the list.
- At last, select the Open QuickBooks button.
Solution 2) From QuickBooks Tool Hub, run the Quick Fix my Program tool
- Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
- Choose the Program Problems tab at the left panel of the window.
- In the Fix My Program section, select the Quick Fix my Program button.
- Once the tool is done repairing the program files, open QuickBooks Desktop and try to open the company file.
Even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, if you cannot resolve QuickBooks Error 6123, then there is a great possibility that the company file is either damaged or corrupted. Our recommendation for you is to use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery feature to recover the company file and see whether this fixes the error not. For additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the company file error, feel free to contact our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.