QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit and Nowadays, QuickBooks is getting so much popularity among small and medium-sized businesses because it is very helpful for businesses. We can handle all finances and accounting things through this. In the process, we could face an error also and the error 6000 83 is one of them. It shows a message through a dialog box and that is
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tries to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit technical support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -83)”
This error comes under the 6000 series and shows the server damage of the QuickBooks company file. This error may damage the computer or company files that are having some important data. So we have to resolve this error as soon as possible. Now we are discussing How to Remove QuickBooks Error 6000 83.
Causes of QuickBooks error 6000 83
- Maybe the file extension is wrong.
- The networks don’t have sufficient access.
- The file you are trying to open could be damaged or corrupted already or that wasn’t in the shared folder list.
- In the process of converting the company files of the earlier version.
- The Quickbook company files could be blocked by the firewall or any other security software.
- The window is not the US or Canadian version.
- The hosting mode is opened in more than one system.
Step to remove the error 6000 83 code
Now we are discussing the methods to remove or fix the error code 6000 83 steps by steps-
Step:-1 Open the doctor tool of QuickBooks
- If you don’t have the QuickBook doctor tool you can download it from intuit website or you can either download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- After downloading and installing the QuickBooks tool hub, Select and open the file that is showing a problem.
- And after that open the QuickBooks file doctor option. Maybe it will take a some time to open..
- After then, the user has to click on the dropdown menu and select the company file option. If you are unable to see the company file in the list you should select and browse and search to find the file.
- After completing it, you need to select check your file option, and then hit continue.
- Then you have to enter the admin credentials and hit the next button.
- Now the system will do scanning the files. You have to wait 4 to 5 minutes. Then you will be able to open the file once the scanning will finish.
Step:-2 Turn off the hosting mode
If a company had hosted their files on the network, then you have to make sure that multiple-user access is turned off. Here are the steps on how to turn off multiple-user access.
- Open the QuickBooks software on the workstation.
- And then, select the file menu button and after that, you can see so many options will come out on the screen you have to hover over the utilities option.
- After this select the host multi-user access option. If visible, then go to the other workstation.
- And then left-click on the stop hosting multi-user access button. After that repeat all steps for all other systems.
Step:-3 Check your backup file name
There is a method to create the file name for backup files. You have to ensure that you can not create the file name using the symbols, special characters, numbers, or spaces or the folder name that is holding these files.
- The first step is to open the Windows Start menu by clicking on the windows button.
- And then click on the File Explorer option.
- After that open the folder that has the company files.
- Now you have to search the file named as .qbb extensions at the end of the file.
- After searching you can right-click on the file or you can select the file and press the F12 button on the keyboard.
- Then rename the file by deleting all the symbols, special characters, numbers, or spaces.
- Do the same for the folder name.
- And the final step is to restart the computer.
Step:-4 Manually resolve error 6000 83
Some time systems wouldn’t be able to open the Doctor tool. At that time you have to resolve error 6000 83 manually.
- The first step is to Update the QuickBooks to the latest version.
- After the update, you have to change the setting of the firewall software. By which we can access the QuickBooks files.
- Then if you want to share the files easily you have to Edit the permissions.
- You have to verify the hosting mode on the computer server with QuickBooks Database Server Manager. The hosting should be off for other PC’s
- You need to ensure that QBDBMgrN.exe is available under the Task Manager,
- After that copy the QuickBooks files that are serving as host and paste over the Windows desktop and open them all. Now open QuickBooks desktop and then open QuickBooks company files that you were copied on your desktop. If the error is still unresolved. Now, if you want to resolve this you have to restore the backup of the company file by using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery to get back the data.
- But if the company files are opened without showing any error you just need to copy all files to their original location with their name change.
I hope now you are able to fix Quickbooks error 6000 83, if you are still unable to fix Quickbooks error 6000 83, then immediately contact an Quickbooks Proadvisor.