QuickBooks error message code 6000 77 pops up on the screen with a message, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem.” The error usually occurs when the user attempts to open the company file in the QuickBooks desktop application. The QuickBooks rebuild error 6000 77 comes up due to the incorrect firewall and security settings and damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file. In this blog, we will talk about Intuit QB error message code 6000 77, its causes and solutions, so read carefully until the end.
Causes behind QuickBooks error message 6000 77
Following are the factors responsible for the error:
- The folder holding the QuickBooks company file is damaged.
- QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
- The user is using the wrong path to open the company file.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure given below.
Quick Troubleshooting Methods for QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Given below are the two most effective troubleshooting methods that can help you resolve the error:
Method 1. Recreating the company file folder
The steps given below will help you recreate the damaged data:
- Move to your C: drive.
- Create a new folder.
- Open the folder containing the company file.
- Search for the company file with the .qbw extension.
- Right-click the .qbw file and select Copy.
- Open the new folder and Paste the file.
- Also, set permissions to share company files.
- Now, open QuickBooks and open the file from the new location.
If the error persists, move on to the next method.
Method 2. Open company file using the UNC path
- Right-click the QuickBooks desktop icon, hold the Ctrl key and choose Run as Administrator.
- Long press the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window.
- Go to the File menu.
- Select Open or Restore Company, then Open a company file, then Next.
- Choose Network.
- Navigate to the location of your company file.
- If you can’t find the company file, you need to set folder permissions.
- Choose the company file and click Open.
We tried our best to help you resolve QuickBooks error 6000 77. Hopefully, you find the blog informative. If the problem continues, contact the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430). They will assist you with some advanced troubleshooting for the error.