QuickBooks update error 15106 appears on the screen when the user tries to update the QuickBooks desktop application. The QuickBooks error code 15106 comes up with messages, “Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened” or “Error 15106: The update program is damaged.” Incorrect User Account Control settings and corrupt installation of QuickBooks can also trigger QuickBooks error message 15106. Read the blog until the end to get detailed information on QuickBooks desktop error 15106, its causes and solutions.
If you are looking for an immediate solution to resolve QuickBooks error 15106, then contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialing our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430).
What leads to QuickBooks error 15106?
Following are the two possible causes behind the error:
- The user is not logged in as an administrator on the workstation.
- A firewall and anti-virus application are blocking the update seeing it as a threat.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure given below.
Best Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks error 15106
Given below are the most effective troubleshooting steps to get rid of the error:
Solution 1. Sign in to your computer as an administrator
- Right-click on the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Select the Run as Administrator option.
- Now, you are logged in as an administrator.
If you still get the error, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Try to Clean Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
Don’t forget to backup your company file before proceeding to the steps given below:
- Switch to Selective startup mode:
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the Run window.
- Within the run window, type ‘msconfig’ and hit Enter.
- Click on the General
- Choose Selective startupand Load system services.
- Go to the Servicestab, and mark the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox.
- Click Disable all.
- Now, unmark the Hide all Microsoft services box.
- Select the Windows Installer checkbox from the list of services.
- Click OK and then Restart.
- Clean install QuickBooks.
- Now, switch to Normal mode:
- Again, open the Run command.
- Write msconfig and click OK.
- Click on the General tab and choose Normal startup.
- Click Restart on the System Configuration window.
We tried our best to help you fix the QuickBooks error 15106. Hopefully, you find the blog helpful and informative. If the error continues, get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals by calling us on our customer support number (1.800.579.9430).