QuickBooks database server manager stopped is a complicated issue. You can see tons of QuickBooks forums and pages filled with this query. In this issue, users start getting kicked out of company files. This blog will mainly cover a solution to this problem. However, along with this, we will also see some symptoms or behaviors of this error.
In case of any query or doubts regarding any QuickBooks issue, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at (844)-932-1139.
Symptoms Of The Problem
There are some noticeable changes or signs that you may notice when you are dealing with this issue. Some of the symptoms are listed below:
- The computer becomes sluggish or slow in performance. It starts to hang, and the input and the output commands take too long to respond.
- QuickBooks shows an error message with the only option to ‘Abort’. QuickBooks can also shut down instantly when dealing with this issue.
- This problem can kick users out of the company files, and the status on Start Scan can show ‘Stopped’.
Solution For This Problem
There are few steps you need to take. One solution is discussed below:
Uninstalling The Database Server Manager
This is the first step of the three-part solution. Follow the steps given below
- Press Windows+R to open the Run Dialog Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl. Hit OK.
- Choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on Uninstall/Change.
Renaming Of Installation Folder
After following the above steps go through these steps given below. This is the second step in the three-part solution. Renaming of installation folder can be done by:
- Go to the QuickBooks installation folder.
- Now press Windows Key+R.
- Copy and paste the folder location and then hit Enter.
- Right-Click on the folder and select Rename. Change the folder to .OLD.
Reinstallation Of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
This is the final step in the three-part solution. After following all the above steps in sequence, follow these steps given below:
- On your server computer, close all programs, including QuickBooks.
- Access the installation file, then go through the steps of installation and follow them.
- When asked about install type, choose Custom or Network Options.
- Then, hit Next.
- Two options will become available for installation. Choose an option that suits you. Both will lead to the installation of QuickBooks.
- Now click on Install.
In this blog, we discussed a solution for QuickBooks database server manager stopped. The solution was divided into three parts. Follow all the steps in order to get the best results. Along with that, it’s best to try the windows firewall and antivirus permission settings for the server manager to run on your server computer.
In case of any technical query, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at (844)-932-1139.