QuickBooks cannot communicate with company file is a common error faced by many QB users. This error shows up when the network firewall interrupts the internet connection. It hampers the outgoing/incoming communication to the file. This error shows up while updating the operating system or while connecting QuickBooks to the company file.
In case of any query or technical doubt, please contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at (844)-932-1139 so that you can be provided with the assistance required
Causes OF QuickBooks Firewall Error
Before we go out thinking of solutions, it’s important to understand the causes. Some causes associated with this error are:
- Improper installation or configuration of Firewall on the network.
- Network showing incorrect configuration settings due to which the connection is lost.
- Problems with QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Destroyed or missing .ND File, which QuickBooks uses to access the company file over the network.
- QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file may also show up because of incorrect DNS settings.
Solutions To QuickBooks Cannot Find Company File
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub And Run QuickBooks File Doctor
This tool runs a small repair on your server and Firewall. When the steps are finished, open your company file in QuickBooks. In broad the steps are as followed:
- Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open and run Quick Fix My File.
- Finally, run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Update QuickBooks and take a backup of the company file.
Download and install the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop. Take the steps given below:
- Click on start after opening your workstation.
- After right-clicking on the company file, choose run as administrator.
- Open QuickBooks.
- No company open screen should appear.
- Next, go to the help menu and update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the options tab, select mark all, and hit save.
- Go to the update now menu and choose the reset update checkbox.
- Click on get updates to finally download the updates.
Checking The Firewall Settings
Go through your firewall settings. Make sure that QuickBooks has access to go through it. For the detailed steps, you must check your firewall provider’s web page. It’s all fixed if you can open QuickBooks and your company file over your network.
In this blog, we saw some causes and solutions associated with the error QuickBooks cannot communicate with company file. This error can also get resolved by setting up your folder permissions, running QuickBooks Database Server Manager, and turning off hosting on workstations. All these solutions are effective at dealing with this error. For more information on QuickBooks and its issues, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team via Toll-Free-helpline Number 844-932-1139 for expert assistance.