It’s that time of year once more, Intuit has reported that they are discontinuing an older version of QuickBooks. In the event that you are utilizing QuickBooks 2018, you will not have the option to utilize certain services and features after May 31, 2021. We should perceive what the effect will be on your business. Your access to through QuickBooks Desktop 2018 software will be discontinued after May 31, 2021. This also means you’ll no longer receive
For subtleties past what I give here see this Intuit support document on Intuit’s disco (discontinuation) policy.
This means for the QuickBooks 2018 desktop products, after that date:
- QuickBooks 2018 will keep on working after this date, for fundamental accounting functions.
- Any assistance that depends on an Intuit worker (like desktop payroll, online banking, and so forth) will presently don’t be useful in this delivery.
- Live specialized support for this item will presently don’t be accessible from Intuit.
- Intuit won’t ensure that you can register products or recover keycodes (albeit, overall I track down that this hasn’t been an issue, for in any event a couple of years following discontinuation).
- There will be no further updates to the program.
This applies to the following products:
- QuickBooks Pro 2018
- QuickBooks Premier 2018
- QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2018
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions V18
In addition, QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 12.0 payments services will be discontinued after February 2, 2021.
If loss of any of these services are a problem for your business, you can upgrade to a more current version to continue getting support.
Read more.. Upgrade QuickBooks 2015 to QuickBooks 2018
Services Discontinued for QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise 2018
After May 31, 2021, you will no longer be able to use the following services if you are using one of the 2018 products:
- Basic, Standard, Enhanced or Assisted Payroll: After the cutoff, QuickBooks 2018 will at this point don’t automatically calculate correct payroll taxes, provide updated forms, or send your payroll data. For subtleties, see the QuickBooks Desktop Discontinuation FAQ for Payroll.
- Worker’s Comp: You can at this point don’t deal with Worker’s Comp Payments through QuickBooks 2018.
- QuickBooks Workforce (formerly ViewMyPaycheck): You and your representatives will presently don’t approach QuickBooks Workforce.
- Installment Processing will presently don’t be accessible. You will not have the option to handle credit card and check transactions through the desktop item.
- QuickBooks Merchant Service Deposit (compromise) will at this point don’t download credit card and check information into the desktop item.
- Repeating Payments will at this point don’t be downloaded
- eInvoice mailing will at this point don’t be empowered.
- Live Technical Support will at this point don’t be accessible. In the event that you have a functioning QuickBooks Care Protection Plan, support will end when the arrangement is expected for recharging (month to month, multi day, or yearly).
- Bookkeeper’s Copy File Transfer (ACFT) service will at this point don’t work with QuickBooks 2018.
- Multicurrency Exchange Rates will at this point don’t be accessible for empowering or updating.
- Contributed Reports will at this point don’t be open.
- Online Backup will at this point don’t be accessible when your support plan terminates.
- Online Banking, for example, downloading transactions or sending/getting online payments, will at this point don’t work. In the event that you attempt, it will show you one of a few distinctive error messages (contingent upon your download technique) on the off chance that you endeavor to transfer or download transactions, send online payments, or send online transfers. One model would be “QuickBooks can’t confirm the Financial Institution Information for this Download.”
- TSheets will at this point don’t be accessible inside QuickBooks desktop straightforwardly. To sync your TSheets Data with QuickBooks, overhaul your QuickBooks or utilize a web connector.
Those are the services that Intuit specifically mentions, however I accept that there are other services not recorded that may at this point don’t work after the discontinuation date. Here’s rundown of a portion of the other services that I expect won’t be provided for QuickBooks 2018 after the disco date, in light of what we’ve seen in prior years:
- 1099: You probably won’t have the option to dispatch the 1099 Wizard. You actually ought to have the option to utilize an extra 1099 e-documenting service, however.
- QuickBooks email (the interior QuickBooks mail service for emailing solicitations), which is by and large connected with one of the services recorded before, should presently don’t be accessible.
Outsider extra products ought not be straightforwardly influenced by this – however you should check with your vendor to perceive what their policy is.
What Should You Do?
If you are using QuickBooks, the standard answer is, “Now is the time to upgrade.”
There are four areas of concern when upgrading:
What features have changed? Intuit is adding less new features each year, and moving from 2018 to 2021 won’t be as awful a change as has happened in some prior years. These articles can give you some thought of what’s in store:
- QuickBooks 2019 new features
- QuickBooks 2020 new features
- QuickBooks 2021 new features
Have framework prerequisites changed? This may be an issue for certain individuals, so you should check before upgrading
QuickBooks 2021 isn’t supported on the entirety of the working frameworks that QuickBooks 2018 worked on, like Windows 7 and Windows Server 2011. In addition, on the off chance that you are utilizing QuickBooks Enterprise on Linux (database server only installation) there might be a few changes in what is required, you should check with Intuit support for subtleties.
Microsoft Office 2010 is not, at this point supported.
QuickBooks Point of Sale V10.0 isn’t supported.
TurboTax 2016 and 2015 (Personal and Business) are not supported.
Lacerte 2016 and 2015 are not supported.
Favorable to Series charge years 2016 and 2015 are not supported.
Enliven 2015 isn’t supported
In the event that you are as yet utilizing Adobe Acrobat Reader versions older than 9.0 you should redesign that utility (it’s free, so no reason not to). I don’t see a ton of issues in such manner, this year. See this framework necessities page for subtleties.
Converting your QuickBooks company file. Upgrading of your QuickBooks data ought to be moderately easy going from QB 2018 to 2021, despite the fact that there can sometimes be issues. Before you introduce the overhaul, ensure you have a decent backup of your company file. You ought to do a check of the database before conversion, to check whether there are any glitches, before converting. On the off chance that there are issues, they can meddle with the conversion. We suggest that you work with a proficient consultant in performing your update so you don’t lose any time in working out the subtleties. Nonetheless, basically all you should do is to introduce the new program and open your old file with that new program. QuickBooks 2021 will handle the conversion automatically.
Official QuickBooks 2018 discontinuation messaging from Intuit
After May 31, 2021, access to add-on services will be discontinued for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2018. This incorporates all versions of QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions v18 .
In the event that you don’t utilize any of the extra services in QuickBooks Desktop 2018, your product will continue to work for you. You won’t buy in to live technical support or any of the other Intuit services that can be coordinated with QuickBooks Desktop.
In addition to QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2018, there are a couple of other Intuit products that are influenced by the discontinuation of extra services.
Your access to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services, Payment Processing, Live Support, Online Backup, Online Banking, Technical Support QuickBooks Desktop 2018 software will be discontinued after May 31, 2021. This likewise implies you’ll presently don’t get critical security updates beginning June 1, 2021.