Want to access the company file stored on another computer over the network, but every time you try to switch to multi-user mode, the following error message: QBDBMgrN not running on this computer pops up on the screen? If yes, then there is no need for you to be worried as getting such multi-user errors is not much unusual these days. If you don’t know what QBDBMgrN does, then let us inform you that it is a QuickBooks component that allows users to switch to multi-user mode so that they can share their company files with other computers on the network. With this post, we will discuss all the reasons that cause errors related to QBDBMgrN alongside their troubleshooting solutions.
Looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get rid of QBDBMgrN not running on this computer? If yes, feel free to get in touch with the QuickBooks support team by dialing our customer support number (844)-932-1139.
What causes QuickBooks database server manager failed to start error?
Down below, we have mentioned all the reasons that can cause QuickBooks database server manager failed to start error:
- Outdated Windows Firewall settings are preventing QuickBooks from accessing the network.
- There is some damage done to QuickBooks program files.
What should you do to resolve QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error message?
Solution 1) Manually update the Windows Firewall settings
- On the keyboard, press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run command window.
- In the Run command dialog box, type “Control Panel” and then click on the OK button.
- In the control panel, select the System and Security option.
- From the left panel, select the Windows Firewall option.
- Under Update your Firewall settings, click on the Use recommended settings button.
- At last, restart the computer.
Solution 2) Get QuickBooks Desktop repaired for Windows
- Select the Windows Start menu, type “Control Panel” into the search column, and open Control Panel.
- Look for the Programs and Features option on the control panel window and select it.
- From the list of installed programs, select QuickBooks Desktop and then click on the Repair option.
- Hit the Next button.
- Once the QuickBooks Desktop repairing is finished, restart the computer.
If you still get QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error message even after following all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the post, then there might be some issues with the QuickBooks installation files. We suggest you reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application using the clean install tool and see whether this fixes the error message or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance, you can contact our QuickBooks support team at (844)-932-1139.