Are you looking for Outlook 2016 export contacts to the vCard method, then read this article. MS Outlook is a pioneer in its domain of email management and exchange. Microsoft keeps on bringing Outlook updates regularly with its new versions including MS Outlook 2016, 2019, 2013, 2010, etc. It stores your data items such as contacts, notes, emails, etc, and can export them into two different formats. Unfortunately, vCard is not one of the export options that Outlook provides. A VCF/vCard file is a contact file that is used by businesses and professionals all across the world to share their contact pieces of information.
In this article, we will provide ways for Outlook 2016 export contacts to vCard procedure. If you have corrupt Outlook contact files in the form of PST lying on your computer system, you can even revive those and access its data. The methods that you need to adopt are mentioned in the upcoming sections.
Outlook 2016 Export Contacts to vCard – Smart Way
If you do not have Outlook installed on your system and still want to convert its data file to another format, you need to go for PCVITA Outlook to vCard tool. This utility will help you export all contacts from Outlook to vCard and many more formats. It provides marvelous features such as:
- Export contacts to vCard in bulk in a single go.
- Converts corrupt, orphan, password protected PST files.
- Maps the custom fields of the contacts automatically.
- Reserves the folder hierarchy and data integrity.
- Transforms all attributes & fields of the contacts to vCard.
- Compatible with contact files created by all MS Outlook versions.
- Exports the Outlook contacts to all vCard versions (2.1, 3.0, 4.0).
Steps to Outlook 2016 Export Contacts to vCard
- First, you have to download the PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter tool. Then, click on the add files or folder option to load them into the software.
- The tool will quickly scan those contacts for any damage or corruption. Once the validation is done, it adds them to the interface.
- Following this, a preview of all contacts and their details are displayed. You can check them and proceed.
- Finally, choose vCard as your export option and choose the vCard version in the settings option. You can also decide whether you want to create an individual or single vCard for all your contacts. Search a location to save the resultant file and click on the ‘Export’ button.
Manual Way for Outlook 2016 Export Contacts to vCard Process
Since MS Outlook does not provide any direct option to save or export its contact list to VCF/ vCard file, we need to find a shortcut. Here is the step by step procedure that you must follow:
- Open Outlook application & navigate to the Contacts folder.
- Choose the contacts that you want to export as vCard.
- Click on Home, select ‘Forward Contact’ > ‘As a Business Card’.
- A message window will pop up, now, right-click on the attachment.
- Tap on ‘Select All’, and copy them all using Ctrl + C button.
- At last, go to a local folder in your system & paste them.
Related: How to transfer vCard contacts to Outlook?
In this blog, we explained strategies for Outlook 2016 export contacts to vCard format. There are some limitations to the manual method such as the necessity to install Outlook application on your system. Also, if you have a damaged PST file on your system, the manual method will of no use. Hence, in such situations, you are required to use software such as recommended above. This tool provides the best results and securely performs the task.