The Brother printer is a great scanner that is known for its flexibility and exceptional functionalities. It can also produce multiple copies without affecting the quality of the output. You can also use the Brother printer offline. This means that you will not be able to scan copies of the documents without fixing the serious problem. We will discuss the steps you can take to fix the Brother Printer keeps saying offline issue.
Important Causes of “Brother Printer Not Responding” Problem
There are many reasons why Brother printer technical problems can occur. These are common problems, but the serious issues that can lead to printer malfunctions will not be reported.
- The Brother printer offline problem is caused by the connection between the printer & the computer.
- An error in the installation or printer configuration can cause the Brother scanner to not recognize your computer. This is annoying.
- Spooler problem or dynamic IP sometimes fails to scan and gives the annoying message “Brother Printer keeps saying offline“.
- An outdated printer firmware may not recognize the device and will display different error codes.
Technical Solutions to the “Brother Printer keeps saying Offline” Problem
There are several technical solutions to the Brother Printer keeps saying offline problem. It also improves the scanner’s performance and the quality of the printed documents.
Verify Printer and Connection Status
- Check that the Brother printer has been turned on, and make sure the cable connecting the device to it is in good condition.
- Verify that the USB port has not been damaged.Repair it immediately if it is damaged to avoid a connection error.
- You might test the WiFi signal strength of your wireless Brother printer.If the signal fluctuates, contact your ISP immediately to resolve the problem.
As the default scanner, set the Brother Printer
- To open the Control Panel window, type “control” into the search box. Hit the Enter key.
- Click on Devices and Printers to launch the Printers setup window. Double-tap on it.
- Click on the Printers option to see all hardware attached to your device.
- You can view multiple printers if you have them listed.Right-click the Brother printer you want to see and select it.
- Click on the Set default button in the menu that appears on your screen.Close the current window and scan the hard copies.
Reinstall the Brother Scanner
- To launch Device Manager, type “devicemngr”, in the search box. Hit the Enter key.
- This will display a list of all the hardware devices that are currently installed.Expand the list by selecting Devices and Printers.
- Select the Brother device you wish to use and then right-click it.
- You will be asked to confirm the Uninstall Device option by displaying a dialog box.
- Next, confirm that you want to uninstall the program by pressing the YES button. After it is done, the computer will automatically reboot.
- Double-tap the browser icon to open the browser window.Enter the Official URL of Brother Printer and hit Enter or tap on the Search button.
- Next, download the Brother printer Software version and save it to your desktop.
- Now, open the Brother printer installer file.Check if the offline Brother printer issue persists.
Continue on with the Online Scanning Process
- Open the Devices and Printers window from the Control Panel window.
- Right-click your Brother Printer model to open the pop-up menu. Choose the option See What’s Printing.
- Next, click on Printer in the next window. Then choose Open as Administrator from all menu items.
- Tap on the Printer option again to verify that the Pause Printing or Use Printer Offline options are selected.If this option is enabled, remove the tick and disable it.
- Close the browser and verify that the Brother printer has returned to normal.
Clear and Reset the Spooler
- To open the Services window, type “services.msc” in the search box.
- Click on the Standard tab in the next window. Now choose Print Spooler (from the list of devices) from the drop-down menu.Double-click on the icon to enable this service.
- To confirm, click the Stop button.
- Now, enter “%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers”, select %WINDIR%\system32\spool\PRINTERS” in the search box, and delete all the files in this folder.
- Close the window, and then open the Services window again.Double-tap the Printer Spooler, and then click on Start.
- To complete the setup, change it to Automatic in the Startup Type box. Click the OK button.
- Close the Brother printer setup window, then restart the printer to verify that the Brother printer is working as it should.
Verify the validity of IP Types
- Select the Brother printer device again from the Device Manager window. Right-click the printer device.
- Select the Printer Properties option in the pop-up menu, and then click on the Ports tab in the resultant window.
- You might then choose a static IP that you would like to use with the Brother printer.
- After selecting the right port, tap on the Configure Port button to verify that the port name and address correspond to your device.
- To disable it, simply remove the tick from the SNMP enabled option.
- Click on the Save Changes button and then exit the window by pressing the Close button.Check if the Brother printer is operating properly.
Note – You should avoid the WSD port to reduce the chance of a Brother printer problem.
Firmware Upgrade for Brother Printer
- Open the Brother Printer Official Website and enter the Printer model name in the search box.Click on the Search button, or click the Enter button.
- Next, select the Operating System version you want from the Downloads page. Hit the Search button.
- Scroll down until you find the printer firmware, then click on the Firmware Update Tool.
- Click the “Agree to EULA and download button” at bottom of screen. Wait until the downloading process is complete.
- Follow the wizard screen instructions to determine if the problem has been resolved.
We have described how to fix the Brother printer keeps saying offline problem in the article above. We have also identified the major issues that can cause this frustrating issue. I hope that this information will help you to solve the Brother printer issue both technically and permanently.