Flowmeter is an instrument that was made to measure the exact flow of fluids. Liquid flow meters help to measure the flow of liquids or gases in a pipe. These meters come in different types and varieties. You can use these meters in a wide range of applications. Always make sure to measure the flow rate of liquids accurately for better quality.
Flow meters have devices like transducers and transmitters. The transducer will always sense the fluid that passes over the main tool. The transmitter will then get the signal from the transducer. The transducer will then convert this signal into a flow signal. Therefore, a Liquid flow meter is a combination of the two elements. The following are flow devices and their advantages.
Electromagnetic Flow Meters
· These meters do not have moving parts. And so, they will not wear or tear.
· They also do not have additional not pressure drops.
· These flow meters are affected by the difference in temperature, pressure, and velocity.
· They are also not affected by pollution and deposits.
· These meters are also easy to maintain.
Ultrasonic Flow Meters
Ultrasonic flow meters are mostly used in custody transfer applications. This is because they are among the most accurate flow meters. You can also use them to measure the flow rate of gases and oil. These meters always measure the speed of liquids in a covered tube using ultrasonic sound waves.
But, the process conditions like composition, pressure, and temperature will determine the kind of flow meter that you will use. Here are some of the advantages of ultrasonic flow meters.
Advantages of Ultrasonic Flow Meters
· These meters do not have moving parts. This means that they cannot wear or tear.
· They also do not have additional pressure drops.
· They are perfect for corrosive fluids.
· These meters also have low maintenance costs.
· You can operate them in both flow directions.
· Also, they are not affected by temperature density and concentration.
· They are easy to install, but you will need to calibrate them often.
Coriolis Flow Meters
Coriolis flowmeters are known to be the most accurate flow meters in the flow industry. They are also repeatable and readily available. These meters are best for applications that need high accuracy. They are mainly used in the custody transfer application. This is due to their high accuracy levels. You can also maintain these meters easily.
Advantages of Coriolis Flow Meters
· Coriolis flowmeters measure the actual mass of the fluid
· They also measure temperatures and density of the fluids
· They measure accurate mass measurements
· They measure high precision mass measurements
· These meters are not affected by pressure, temperature, or the thickness of fluids
· You will not require inlet or outlet sections
· They also operate in both flow directions
Flowmeter is a device that comes in different shapes and types. These devices also operate in different ways. If your meters are not working well, make sure to check the installation. Make sure it is well installed, and if you do not understand the installation process, ask for help from the sellers. Also, make sure your meter is well maintained for better measurements.