Learn how to unclog drains with homemade recipes
What to do when the water in the kitchen sink, bathroom or laundry does not go away? It’s time to resolve the situation. In many cases, you can resolve blockages at home with affordable ingredients. Check the videos below for 7 tutorials that show you, step by step, how to unclog drains.
1. How to unclog a bathroom drain with salt:
- Put a tablespoon of salt directly into the drain;
- Add 1/3 cup of vinegar;
- Pour boiling water down the drain;
- Cover the drain with a damp cloth and leave for 15 minutes.
- Do you like homemade recipes? So see, in the video below, a simple trick on how to unclog a bathroom drain with salt – or the kitchen drain, laundry drain, anyway, wherever you need it. Play on video!
2. How to unclog hair:
- Remove the drain cover;
- With the help of a hook or a piece of wire, manually remove the hair from the drain;
- Finish cleaning with detergent and a brush.
- Pulling hair out of the drain may not be a pleasant activity, but it is necessary to resolve clogs.
3. How to unclog a sink drain with a pet bottle:
- Fill a pet bottle with water;
- Place it upside down, fitting the spout into the sink;
- Squeeze the bottle, pushing the water down the drain.
- This trick is suitable for those who don’t have a plunger or other tools at their disposal. The idea is to apply pressure with water to unclog the plumbing. Check out:
4. How to unclog a kitchen drain with caustic soda:
- Place a spoonful of lye into the sink;
- Add a liter of warm water directly to the drain.
- Caustic soda is also often used to clean grease traps. However, care must be taken when handling this product.
5. How to unclog service area drain:
- Put 3 tablespoons of salt directly into the drain;
- Add 3 tablespoons of vinegar;
- Pour a liter of boiling water;
- Cover the drain with a damp cloth and leave for 5 minutes.
- This tip is good for several clogged drains, whether in the service area, in the bathroom or in the kitchen.
6. How to unclog drain with washing powder:
- Put half a cup of washing powder directly into the drain;
- Pour 1 liter of boiling water on top;
- Add 1 cup of white vinegar;
- Finally, another liter of water.
- In addition to unclogging, this homemade recipe helps to remove unpleasant odors from the siphon.
7. How to unclog sink with vinegar and baking soda:
- Put baking soda – about a cup – directly into the drain;
- Afterwards, add half a glass of vinegar;
- On top, pour hot water.
- The vinegar and bicarbonate duo is an old acquaintance of those who like homemade recipes for cleaning.