Quickbooks error 80029c4a is a tricky error that a user can face while using the application. The error message states: Loading type library can’t load a dynamic link library. Usually, the error occurs when you are trying to open the Quickbooks application. Also, there are chances that some of the Quickbooks components may not work in the desired way. In this article, we have talked about the Quickbooks error 80029c4a in detail. We have provided you with different methods to fix the error. Go through the complete article to know more.
Causes of Quickbooks Error
Before we explain to you how you can resolve the Quickbooks error 80029c4a, here are some of the reasons for which you can face the error.
- In case the Quickbooks is not installed on the system properly.
- There are chances that the Windows registry is corrupted.
- Other than this, you can also face the error because the Quickbooks components are damaged.
- Also, the error can occur if another program has deleted the Quickbooks-related files.
- Moreover, the antivirus installed on the system can also affect the working of Quickbooks.
Symptoms of Quickbooks Error
- The error message will appear on the screen.
- The active program crashes every time the user faces the error.
- Other than this, the windows may start responding to the inputs slowly.
- Also, the system may start freezing after some time.
- When a user attempts to install the Quickbooks application, the error message appears on the screen.
Various Methods to Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 80029c4a
All the possible methods that you can use to fix the Quickbooks Error 80029c4a are mentioned below. Steps related to each method are also mentioned for convenience.
Solution 1: Run the Reboot.bat File
Now, the very first method that we are going to discuss is to run the reboot.bat file on the system. It will help to configure the settings again and fix the issue. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you need to make sure that you have terminated Quickbooks on the system.
- After this, you need to visit the folder in which you have stored the reboot.bat file.
- Now, you need to look for the Quickbooks desktop application icon and then right-click on it. From the menu, click on the properties option.
- After this, you need to click on the open file location and then look for the reboot.bat file.
- You need to right-click on it and choose to run the file as an admin.
- When done, you will have to start the file.
- Also, you may see that the name of the file can be reboot or reboot.bat according to the windows folder settings.
- Other than this, remember not to terminate the current window because it will stop the reboot.bat file from running.
- Once the process is complete, you will have to start the system again.
Solution 2: Run a Window Repair
Now, there are chances that some of the Windows components are damaged and hence you are facing the Quickbooks error code 80029c4a. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow to repair windows.
- First, you need to terminate Quickbooks.
- Next, you will have to tap on the Windows button and then look for the control panel. Click on it to open the control panel on the system.
- You will then have to click on the programs and features option and then choose the uninstall application.
- After this, a list of all the installed programs will appear on the screen, and then you need to choose Quickbooks.
- Now, click on Quickbooks and choose to uninstall or change.
- You will then have to tap the Next option and then choose the repair option.
- When done, you will have to choose the finish option and then follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the process.
- Now, you need to restart the device and then start the Quickbooks application.
Solution 3: Clean Install Quickbooks Application
Performing a clean install will help you to delete all the damaged files and install Quickbooks again on the system. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you will have to use the Quickbooks clean install tool to install the Quickbooks again on the system.
- Next, you need to update the Quickbooks application.
- The detailed procedure for the same is as follows:
- First, you will have to click on the file option. Next, you will have to choose the close firm option.
- Again, you need to go to the File menu, and then from the menu, choose the exit option.
- Also, choose to run as an administrator.
- When done, you will have to make sure that you are on the window saying No company open.
- Now, click on the help icon and then click on the update Quickbooks option.
- Next, choose the options icon and then click on the mark all.
- After this, you will have to click on the update now option.
- Also, you need to choose the option to reset updates followed by selecting the Get updates option.
- Wait for the process to complete. When the process will complete, installation confirmation will appear on the screen. You need to choose the yes option.
- In the end, start the system again.
Solution 4: Update the Antivirus Installed
There are chances that the Antivirus installed on your system is blocking the Quickbooks from running properly. So, you need to update the antivirus installed.
- To start with, you will have to find the avast icon and then right-click on it.
- You will then have to choose the update option.
- After this, you need to choose the program option and then follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the update.
- Other than this, you need to update the protection for your system.
All the methods that we have mentioned above are enough to fix the Quickbooks error 80029c4a. Other than this, you can also seek technical help if you need immediate solutions. We hope that the article is helpful.