QuickBooks Error 15101 is a part of the 15xxx series of errors. Hence, you’ll get an error depending on the cause of the error. You are most likely to see Error 15101 when QuickBooks cannot connect to the internet to download the updates. This error can not only create problems while updating payroll and features, but you can also have issues while updating bank feeds in QuickBooks. You can also see this error when running payroll updates to download the newest tax tables. This blog will cover the most basic measures you must take to fix error 15101 in QuickBooks.
You can also connect with the professional team of QuickBooks at (1-855-948-3646) if you require emergency support and assistance.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error Code 15101
There are a host of reasons associated with error 15101 in QuickBooks. You must clearly understand all of the causes associated with error 15101 in QuickBooks. Doing this will help you effectively fix this error in no time. Go through the reasons given below:
- Windows Firewall is preventing QuickBooks from connecting to the internet.
- Any third-party application is interrupting QuickBooks internal process.
- All of the QuickBooks services are not started on Windows.
- Internet Explorer is not set to default browser for QuickBooks.
With the reasons mentioned, you can now move to the following section that’ll show you the methods to fix this error.
Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 15101
Keep in head that there’s no perfect answer or solution to resolve this error. Your steps depend entirely on the cause of your error. With this in mind, go through the steps that are discussed below.
Method 1: Reinstall QuickBooks
You can easily reinstall QuickBooks in safe mode to overcome this error. Go through the measures given below:
- Reboot Windows. Press F8 repeatedly on your system.
- Windows should now display the Safe Boot options.
- Choose Safe Mode from the navigation keys on your system.
- Click on Enter, and the Windows should now boot in safe mode.
- Now, press Windows+R and type appwiz.cpl.
- You can now press Enter and double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop from the list of installed programs.
- Also, follow the prompts to remove QuickBooks from Windows.
- Download QuickBooks setup file.
- Double-click on the file from the downloads on your system. Follow all the instructions displayed or shown on your screen.
- You can now complete the product registration process and try to update QuickBooks one more time.
Go through the next set of steps if these measures have failed to fix your error.
Method 2: Set IE As Your Default Browser
You can set Internet Explorer as your standard browser to fix this error efficiently. Now, go through the steps given below:
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools in the Gear icon.
- Choose Internet Options and move to the Programs tab.
- Now, click on the Make Default option.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
- You might have to go through a different set of steps if you use Windows 10.
QuickBooks Error 15101 can get resolved with the solutions stated in this blog. However, you must also pay careful attention to the reasons that are discussed in this blog. Without them, you can resolve your error efficiently. Lastly, make sure to perform all the steps mentioned in this blog with perfection.
If you still get stuck at any step, you must reach out to the professional team of QuickBooks at (1-855-948-3646).