QuickBooks Payroll functionality assists you with efficient management of a myriad of payroll activities. It ensures you establish a sound business environment without subsequent complications. But any sort of delay or obstruction in payroll processing can impact your business’s credibility. And this can be caused due to error 15241 which is a payroll error and occurs generally when a user tries to download the recent update of QuickBooks.
The error 15241 reads, “Received an error 15241: Updation not complete successfully.”Apart from this, the error message may also suggest that error has occurred due to the disabled QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS). This error bars you from executing update or running payroll. Nevertheless, several causes result in this error. In this article, we’ll discuss this error in detail including its symptoms, causes, and troubleshooting solutions.
Warning Signs of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241
The various signs and symptoms indicating the occurrence of error code 15241 are:
- Difficulty in downloading payroll updates.
- Active window crash hindering your on-going activities.
- A warning message appears every time you try to update the software.
- Sudden disturbances in the accounting process.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 15241
In addition to disabled QuickBooks FCS, several other reasons responsible for this error include:
- Faulty or incomplete QuickBooks installation.
- Laptop malfunction can also lead to this error.
- Virus or malware infection in the system.
- Unenforceable entries in your window registry.
- Removal of requisite file or registry entry can also hinder the QB payroll update process.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15241?
Activation of File Copy Service (FCS) is necessary for running the payroll service and if it is deactivated you may not be able to download the payroll update. This can result in the appearance of error code 15241 on your screen. Therefore, to ensure proper payroll updates, all essential services on your computer need to function well. Given below are some of the feasible solutions for resolving error 15241.
Solution for Resolution of QuickBooks Payroll Error on Vista and Windows 7,8,10
If you use any of the aforementioned operating systems, then follow the given solution for payroll update error resolution.
- To initiate troubleshooting, first close all QuickBooks active windows.
- Right-click on My Computer and choose the option Manage.
- A menu will pop up on the left side, from it select Services and Applications.
- After this, double click the Services option.
- Navigate the list to find the option Intuit QuickBooks FCS Services.
- From the FCS window, select the General tab. Under this tab, you’ll find Startup Type drop-down from it select Manual.
- Now click Apply to save
- Next, hit Start and then OK button to finish the process.
Solution for Resolution of QuickBooks Payroll Error for Windows XP Operating System
If you are a Windows XP user and encounter the error 15241 during the QuickBooks updating process, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Close QuickBooks application.
- Right-click the My Computer icon on the desktop and select the Manage option.
- Discover option Services and Application from the left menu.
- Next, select the Services option and navigate to Intuit QuickBooks.
- Double click on the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service.
- After this, a window will open, go to General, and from Startup Type select Manual.
- At last, hit OK and proceed to open QuickBooks.
Refresh the Payroll Connection by Re-validating the Payroll Service Key
- Launch the QuickBooks application and go to the Employees tab at top of the taskbar.
- Select My Payroll Service key 🡪 Activate Service Key.
- A Service Key window will appear, from it select Payroll you are currently using.
- Next, click on the Edit🡪 Next and then the Finish button.
- After the completion of the re-validation of the payroll service key, try using payroll again to check whether the error has been resolved or not.
If you can perform the update successfully then it implies that you have performed the above steps with attention. However, if you don’t want to indulge in this lengthy resolution, consider using the QuickBooks Tool hub to get rid of this error in no time.