Delta Airlines is very much ductile in accepting flyer’s flight change requests whenever they have changes in their travel plans. The airline understands that there can be legit reasons such as sudden death in the family or important event for refusing to travel on the scheduled departure date. Taking care of your travel needs is the prime responsibility of the airline. At every step, the customer care executives will be there to resolve your issues with immediate help.
Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy
If you want to change or reschedule your already booked flight ticket, read the following instructions about the airline’s flight change policy.
- A flyer can change his flight reservation made through Delta airlines book a flight online or offline means within 24 hours of the original purchase without paying any extra charges.
- You can only modify your flight ticket if you made your reservations through the airline’s official site, flash sales, mobile app, or the ticket counter. In case you have purchased your flight ticket through a third party; the airline will not deal with flight change or cancellation requests.
- The flight change fee ranges between $75 to $500 depending on the type of flight ticket and travel class.
- As per the policy, a flyer can change his first and middle name without paying an additional fee. You can request for name change at least seven days before the scheduled flight departure.
- Using the Delta Airlines manage booking option on the site, one can change the date and origin of their trip and also add additional services including advance seat reservation, extra legroom, baggage allowance, pre-meal and drinks selection, etc.
What Steps are Required to Change a Flight Ticket on Delta Airlines?
If you want to send an online flight change request, follow the step-by-step guide and complete your flight change process.
- On Delta Airlines’ official site and log into your account by entering the correct username and password.
- Click on the ‘My Trips’ tab.
- Enter your last name and flight confirmation number on the required columns.
- Choose the flight you want to change and click on the ‘Modify Flight’ button.
- You will see the ‘Start Flight Change’ option and click on it.
- Make all the necessary changes based on your travel plans and requirements.
- Make an online payment if required.
- At last, you will receive a confirmation mail from the airline at your registered email address.