Yoga Exercises To Improve Memory Power – Do you forget your car keys? Does it feels hard to remember even simple details of an event? Well, you are not alone. As you start to age, your brain’s ability to store and recall vital information starts to reduce. It becomes harder to remember things and forgetfulness becomes a part of your daily life. Therefore, the more you use the brain the better your ability to remember things.
You might have heard numerous suggestions about improving your brain’s capacity. For example, Sudoku can help keep your brain sharp. Unfortunately, it offers a temporary relief as exercise is an important part of keeping your body and mind sharp. There are many yoga for brain power exercises that keep you away from age-related memory problems.
Yoga Exercises To Improve Memory Power
With that said, let us now find out what yoga exercises can help you keep the memory sharp.
Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
Seated Forward Bend gives your spine a good stretch. This yoga asana relieves you of lower back pain and discomfort. Paschimottanasana calms down your mind by boosting the blood supply which keeps it free of any stress.
Steps To Practice Seated Forward Bend
- Sit on the yoga mat with both legs extended in front of you. Press your thighs into the mat.
- Breathe in. Lean forward from the hips and extend your arms as far as you can.
- Exhale after stretching out completely.
- Place both your hands on the sides of on the soles of your feet.
Bhramari Pranayama (Bee Breathing)
If you are looking for a yogic technique to improve your concentration level, practice the bee breathing. It opens up any energy blockages in your body and gives your mind the much-needed calm. The vibrations you create with this Pranayama technique soothes your mind and helps you let go of all stress and negative emotions.
Steps To Practice Bee Breathing
- Sit in the cross-legged position.
- Keep your index fingers on the cartilage between your ears and cheeks.
- Inhale deeply and make a deep humming bee sound while exhaling.
- When exhaling, press down gently on the cartilage.
- Repeat this practice for 3 to 5 times.
You should enroll in a reputed meditation retreat in India and learn the best yoga techniques to improve your power to recall.
Padmasana (Lotus Pose)
Lotus Pose is amongst the most relaxing yoga asana for your body and mind. It removes tension and stress from your entire body. In the long run, the less stress your body has the better will be your brain’s capacity to rejuvenate itself.
Steps To Practice Lotus Pose
- Get into a seating position and sit in the cross-legged position.
- Keep your right foot onto the left thigh and the left foot over your right thigh.
- Make sure the soles of your feet should be pointing upwards.
- Bring your hands into a Mudra position. Keep your index finger and thumb together and extend the rest of your fingers downwards.
- Inhale deeply and exhale.
You can improve your memory and concentration power by enrolling in a best yoga retreat center in Rishikesh and practice the numerous yoga for brain power exercises.
Nadisuddhi Pranamaya (Channel Cleaning Breathing)
The simple decision to step out of your room and breathe in fresh air in nature has a profound effect on your overall well-being. Practicing this yogic technique lowers your heart rate and minimize stress and anxiety.
Steps To Practice Channel Cleaning Breathing
- Sit in the cross-legged position and exhale deeply.
- Close your right nostril with the thumb. Breathe through the left nostril.
- Hold both your nostrils and close them for a few seconds.
- Open up your right nostril and close the left nostril. Keep breathing out from the left nostril.
- Repeat the process with the other nostril.
Your brain’s ability to store and recall information reduces with age. However, Yoga exercises to improve memory power mentioned above sharpen your memory.