IBM Notes and Microsoft Outlook both are widely used and popular email programs among users. Lotus Notes application supports NSF (Notes Storage Facility) file format to save the mailbox items within the profile. Whereas MS Outlook supports PST (Personal Storage Table) format to store the items within the profile. That means users cannot directly access Lotus Notes NSF files in Outlook. To do so, the user first needs to import NSF file to Outlook PST. For the users, searching for a perfect solution to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook including other mailbox items such as attachments, contacts, etc. Here we will discuss recommended methods by the experts and some common reasons in what situations users need to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook. We will discuss the manual as well as the professional NSF to PST Converter online solution.
Needs to Import NSF File to Outlook
Due to various reasons, many users want to export Lotus Notes to Outlook email program. We have mentioned some common needs here for which users want to perform the migration.
- Outlook is a much more cost-effective email client than IBM Notes.
- Outlook can configure with multiple accounts simultaneously.
- PST files are portable in nature and are easy to access.
- MS Outlook provides a user-interactive interface.
- When the user needs to switch job from one working place to another that uses Outlook program to store the important database.
Manual Steps to Import NSF File to Outlook
Manual techniques are the DIY tricks that users can follow here to convert NSF file to PST Outlook. The manual method is a lengthy process, so we have divided the process into two steps for a better understanding of the users. Users are suggested to create a copy of the database they need to export as there may be a risk of data manipulation.
Step 1: Export NSF Folder to CSV
- Launch the IBM Notes program on your system.
- Click on the File tab.
- Click on Open and select the Lotus Notes program.
- Select the NSF files to export.
- Choose the Export option in the File menu.
- Now enter the file name, saving type, and the file location.
- Choose the comma-separated value (.csv) format.
- The exported file will get saved in the location defined.
Step 2: Import CSV File Into Outlook
- Open MS Outlook application.
- Click on the File menu.
- Choose open & export option
- Press Import/Export option.
- Click on import from another program or file.
- Choose comma-separated value.
- Browse to select the CSV file path.
- Select the path to save the data exported.
- Check on the checkbox.
- All the CSV files are now imported to Outlook program.
- More time-consuming and complex process.
- Risk of data manipulation.
- Technical expertise is required.
- Unable to export selective NSF files.
- Batch conversion is not possible.
Use Professional Way to Import NSF File to Outlook
Users can efficiently convert NSF to PST along with all the emails and contacts using the professional technique. The professional automated solution is an advanced way to export Lotus Notes to Outlook without any hassle. There are drawbacks to using the conventional manual steps. The automated method avoids all the limitations and offers a quick and accurate NSF to PST Conversion. DRS Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter is one of the perfect solutions to convert NSF file to PST, MBOX, EML, CSV, HTML, PDF, TXT, Gmail, Hotmail, Office 365, AOL mail, IMAP server, etc. The software is able to export all the mailbox items including emails, attachments, contacts, tasks, journals, etc. The amazing date filter feature can easily export selective emails without any hassle. Users can analyze the working and performance of the utility without spending a single penny using the demo version of the tool. Demo version allows to export 50 items per folder for free.
In this blog, we have discussed some common reasons followed by different methods to import NSF file to Outlook PST file format. Manual methods are somewhat risky and more time-consuming. So it is suggested to use the automated NSF to PST Converter for safe and quick migration and avoid all the limitations.