As a QuickBooks user, you might be familiar with the fact that the QuickBooks Desktop allows users to export forms and reports from within the application in the excel format. However, there are a number of circumstances in which QuickBooks freezes when exporting to excel. Generally, QuickBooks export to excel failure happens when the versions of the Microsoft Office and QuickBooks Desktop are not compatible with each other. With this post, we will discuss with you how to resolve the QuickBooks freezing issue that occurs while exporting reports to excel.
Want to get rid of QuickBooks freezes when exporting to excel issue immediately? If yes, don’t hesitate to reach our QuickBooks error experts at 1.800.579.0391 for step-by-step troubleshooting assistance.
What are the reasons that trigger QuickBooks export to excel failure?
Apart from the incompatibility issue between the MS Office and QuickBooks Desktop, there are several other reasons that can trigger QuickBooks export to excel failure, such as:
- Any necessary installation file of the MS Office is damaged or corrupted.
What should you do to resolve QuickBooks freezes when exporting to excel issue?
Solution 1) Verify the compatibility between MS Office and QuickBooks Desktop versions
QuickBooks Desktop 2020 can be easily integrated with the following MS Office versions:
- MS Office 2019 version (must compatible with R3 and later).
- MS Office 2016 version (including MS Outlook 2016) both on 32-bit and 62-bit operating systems.
- MS Office 2010 SP2 version (including MS Outlook 2010) both on 32-bit and 62-bit operating systems.
- MS Office 2013 version (including MS Outlook 2013) both on 32-bit and 62-bit operating systems.
- MS Office 365 version (only when it is installed on the local hard drive)
If there is a different version of MS Office installed on your computer, then you need to replace it with any of the above-mentioned MS Office versions.
Read Also – Quickbooks Error 1328
Solution 2) Repair the MS Office program for Windows
- Select the Windows Start menu, type “Control Panel” in the search box, and open Control Panel.
- In the control panel, look for the Programs and Features option and select it.
- Now, choose MS Office from the list of installed programs.
- Click on the Change tab and then select the Repair option.
- Hit the Continue button.
- Once MS Office repairing is done, click on the Finish button.
- At last, restart the computer.
If QuickBooks Freezes When Exporting To Excel issue persists even after following all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above, then the QuickBooks installation files might have been damaged. Our recommendation for you to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the clean install tool and see whether this fixes the issue or not. You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks professionals at 1.800.579.0391 for additional troubleshooting assistance.