Are you one of them who is searching for a solution to retrieve files from USB using CMD? If yes then this is a suitable place for you. Your search is finished here. In this post, we will discuss two solutions to retrieve files from USB using CMD.
You may get their USB drive data lost because of deletion, corruption, formatting, and other disoperations. To avoid whole data loss, users can retrieve files from USB using CMD. Besides this, users can also use the trustworthy USB drive data recovery software to recover lost files from USB.
Overview of USB Drive Data Recovery
Being small, portable, and lightweight, pen drives are widely used to store data files and move data from one device to another device. Unintentionally deletion, formatting, virus attack, and file system becoming RAW are common reasons that cause data loss on storage media like pen drives. Fortunately, restoring lost data from pen drive easy with the help of advanced pen data recovery software and CMD.
Stop using your pen drive because if you save any new data in your pen drive your data will be overwritten. So, to overcome from this issue perform pen drive recovery tool as soon as possible.
How to Retrieve Files from USB using CMD
You can use CMD when you are expertise in technicalities. Because, if you do any silly mistake, then you lost your data permanently. After that it’s recovery is impossible. So when you are using CMD method remember one thing don’t do any mistake.
- Press Windows+R key then type CMD, and click on Enter button to get the Command Prompt window
- Type chkdsk H: /f and click Enter key; (Replace H with the drive letter of the device from which data were deleted/lost)
- After that, type Y and click on Enter
- Now type H and click Enter again
- Type H:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*and hit Enter key,
It is how users can find deleted or lost data from pen drive. There is one thing you can keep your mind, CMD is free but there is highly chances of data loss.
Retrieve Files from USB using CMD by Using Automated Software
SysTools USB recovery software is simple, reliable and powerful utility to retrieve files from USB using CMD. It has capability to recover deleted, corrupted, and formatted data from pen drive. By attaching the pen drive to your system soon software will recognize the pen drive and let you scan. This tool is capable enough to recover all types of data like photos, videos, audio’s, personal and professional documents etc. The best thing about this utility is it enable category filter to save required files from recovered data.
Working Steps to Retrieve Files from USB
Follow the four simple steps to restore files from pen drive:-
- Download and install pen drive recovery software on any version of Windows after that attach your pen drive to your PC
- After that, tool provides two ways of data recovery such as Scan and formatted Scan
- Now to preview all recovered data in the software panel
- Finally, you can save your data at any desired location
What Makes SysTools Pen Drive Recovery Software Different from Others?
- It supports recovery from exFAT, FAT (16, 32) and NTFS file format
- It supports to recover data from all brands of pen drive like: Sandisk, Toshiba, LG, Sony, and so on.
- It supports to recover any size of files without any file size limitation
- Application supports multiple languages like English, Hindi, Bangla, Chinese etc.
- Application supports to restore deleted, corrupted, & formatted data files from dynamic disk
- It provides two option to save either selected data or complete data files after recovery
- Supports to restore deleted GPT partition for all brands pen drive, USB drive, and thumb drive.
SysTools utility is 100% safe and secure, virus-free data recovery software that works absolutely to Retrieve Files from USB. It has the capability to recover any kind of data such as OST, PST, HTML, Excel, PPT, PDF, etc. We know it is not enough for users who are searching for any free solution to recover lost data from pen drive. So, below we will talk about free solution.
What Reasons for Data Loss from Pen Drive?
Although users may lose their data from pen drive due to various reasons, we have, therefore, identified, few of the common instances:
• When users USB drive is ejected inappropriately from the system
• Malware and Virus attacks cause data loss
• Accidentally deletion of data from pen drive
• File system turns faulty because of connectivity to different machines
• Users may have formatted their pen drive because of which complete data got deleted
• Avoid error messages shown while accessing pen drive can cause corruption
No matter which query users are asking does not matter what reasons for the loss of your pen drive data, you can always use on the above two solutions command prompt and SysTools software, to recover your lost data from pen drive safely and effortlessly without losing any data. After that, once your data recovered always take backup of your important and treating your USB drive data well. For example, be careful to delete a file and format the thumb drive don’t attach your pen drive to a virus-infected computer; eject the pen drive safely and gently.
In the above article, we have mentioned two methods of data recovery. Users can use anyone as per their requirements. But I would like to suggest them they use pen drive data recovery software instead of CMD. Because non-technical users can not use CMD in an appropriate way. Therefore high chance of data corruption. Now it’s your turn to take the decision wisely to retrieve files from USB using CMD in a hassle-free manner.