If you are an accountant then you are well aware of Quickbooks accounting software. Or if you are not, then let me explain it to you. Quickbooks is one such accounting software that helps accountants and bookkeepers to maintain their financial activities data intact without any mistake. But sometimes, many QB users encountered some glitches within QuickBooks while working on it. Error 6189 Quickbooks is one of them that creates a hindrance in the ongoing workflow. But do not worry it can be removed through some troubleshooting methods. So let’s get to the point now
What is Error Code 6189 816 within QuickBooks?
The Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 is a run-time error. An error message displays on the screen when QB users attempt to access the QB Business files, stating, “An error occurred when QB attempted to access the company file” (-6189, -816)”. This type of issue usually implies that the issue is connected to the multi-user network and not to accounting data.
Factors Behind The Error 6189
- One possibility is that Quickbooks elements are lost or broken.
- When a user utilizes the QB company file on a network computer via software, the problem develops.
- This problem can also happen if users remove the Quickbooks drivers that are required to run the software.
- Another reason for this issue is a damaged QB registry value in the Windows registry.
- When Windows OS is infected with malware or viruses, Quickbooks Error 6189 and 816 arise.
- When there are issues with the Quickbooks Hosting procedure.
- A network data source file has been destroyed on the QuickBooks server or host machine.
Symptoms To Recognize The Quickbooks Error Code 6189
- An error message related to QuickBooks error 6189 starts flashing on the screen
- The system gets slow and responds late to the input devices
- The PC starts hanging concurrently.
How To Resolve Error 6189 & 816 Quickbooks?
Follow the solutions from the below paragraphs, and make sure to apply the steps as explained below to get rid of the error immediately.
1: Run Quickbooks Tool Hub
- Install the QB Tool Hub by following all of the on-screen instructions after downloading it from Intuit’s official website.
- Open the utility when it has been installed and go to the Program Problem tab.
- You must select the option to “Quick Fix My Program” here.
- Go to the firm file that requires a diagnostic now.
- After that, input your admin ID and Passwords and provide the Tool the necessary permissions to scan the file.
- Finally, press the scan and then Ok buttons to begin scanning for the problem.
- Restart the computer after the scan is finished.
2: Run QB Database Server Manager
- You already have the QB tool hub downloaded.
- Go to the Network Issues section.
- Select Quickbooks Database Server Manager from the drop-down menu. Next, browse to the firm that has the problems, and then click the Start Scan button to begin the scanning process.
- The scanning method correctly diagnoses Quickbooks problem -6189, 816.
3: Restart The Computer And Server
- The user should first reboot the server computer.
- The user must then restart the system.
- Then start the Quickbooks desktop on the server computer.
- After restarting the QB desktop on the server computer, the user must reopen the QB desktop on each workstation.
4: Use QB Refresh Tool
- While downloading the program, make sure all background processes are stopped and all QB editions on the computer are closed.
- Download the QB refresh Tool from the Intuit website and execute the QBRefresher.exe file.
- The QBRefresher also takes a few seconds to finish and requires the user to follow the onscreen instructions.
- The user must restart the QuickBooks depository when the installation is complete.
5: Restore The Backup File
- The user had to create a backup of the Quickbooks company file on the old system.
- The user must restore the document to the new device after creating the backup. To do so, follow the steps below:
- You can retrieve the file using a flash drive or a similar external device.
- The user can also use the network if the systems are linked.
Regarding the above solution to resolve the 6189 error within Quickbooks. These fixation methods are easy to apply to the system because of their easy language and explained way. A non-technical person can easily understand the methods and apply them.
It is recommended to apply all these methods as they are directed in the article and do not skip any step from it to get rid of the error.