A QuickBooks administrator password is needed to access all your data which a user has stored all your data in QuickBooks files. Keep a strong password it protects all your business from unauthorized access related to folk’s most crucial information or their private details that kept as hidden. However, the requirement to enter a password correct will also lock you out from accessing the information if you have lost the password. If you any extra user have faced admin password issue in your QuickBooks then read carefully this article. We have given a few actions that you should follow to reset or recover your QuickBooks desktop password. If you face QuickBooks error 106 while using banking services and QuickBooks online due to password related issue.
Password tips and other reminders
- Use combined passwords: at least 7 characters (letters, numbers, special characters), at least one uppercase letter, at least 1 number.
- Passwords are case-sensitive. Check the Caps Lock and Number Lock keys. One (or both) might be on or could have been on when you created the password.
- The password should not have any space. If you have used space, then retype the password without spaces.
- Make sure your keyboard is functioning properly.
- You should be on the right screen. A login screen that demands a password but not a username is the admin’s login screen. If you aren’t admin and you have a non-admin login then close QuickBooks Desktop and reopen it.
- The admin password may also be blank. Many users leave the admin password to their data file empty or blank. (This practice is, however, not recommended by Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks.)
- In case of no password, press “OK” on the login screen without putting any password.
Steps to Reset Password for QuickBooks Desktop Administrator
When you logged in to QuickBooks accounting software. This will automatically create the Admin user, you may be using another log-in reference added by the Admin. Security updates and other shocking assets may guide you to recover your QuickBooks password.
- Go to Company file, choose the company, and then Set-up users and Password
- Enter your current password
- Write your new password in confirm new password box and click the OK button
- In case you forgot or lost your password, you can try the below-mentioned tips to reset your password in QuickBooks
Reset your Admin password or a user password
You need to reset the admin password if:
- You don’t have to enter a user name. When you log in, you just enter a password.
- Your User Name is “Admin” or another admin user name you created.
If you are not an admin user, your QuickBooks admin can reset your password for you. Contact your admin and have them follow the steps in the “Reset a user password” section below.
Use Challenge Question to Reset Password
- Choose “I forgot my password” on the login screen
- Reply to the security question and click the OK button.
- Press Close when the following message pops up on your screen. “When you removed the password and challenge answer and question, and your company file is no longer password-protected. When you nearby this window, then you generate a new password and pick and answer your challenge question.”
- Open the window and change the QuickBooks password
- Enter a new password and select a new challenge question
- Press OK button
- Your File will open
To reset the QuickBooks admin password check out the following steps given below:
- First of all, confirm the latest version of a QuickBooks software version on your operating system. It is the same once you used it the last time which you’ve opened your ‘QuickBooks file‘ with a strong password
- Now after this, first open your Intuit support page, click on QuickBooks automated password reset tool tab and then seek the latest version by selecting your accounting software when you’re using or working on it
- Follow the instructions on the new page. Windows users of QuickBooks are directed to fill out an online form, while Mac users are sent directly to technical support for further individual help. Intuit will provide you with either instructions or software to reset the password for your QuickBooks installation, after which you can enter a new password.
Additional method (For QuickBooks 2019 and earlier)
- Open your QuickBooks & click on the option ‘I forgot my password‘ when the screen displays ‘QuickBooks login window‘ on a desktop. It asks promptly your security question.
- Enter the answer to your security question & click on the ‘OK‘ key button. If it successful a message appears informing that your password gets removed
- Click to the close or press ‘Alt+F4 keys‘, now enter a ‘New password‘ into a password field, then confirm it and answer a security question
- Fill out the ‘Reset QuickBooks Administrator Password‘ form and click on the ‘OK button. QuickBooks sends an email with an access code that you can enter in the ‘Password Recover Code’ blank field. Your password is removed and you’re prompted to enter a new password and a new answer for a security question
If the password reset doesn’t work
- Firstly, you need to double-check the information you have entered there.
- After that check and confirm the information matches with what’s in CAMPS.
- In case you got an error while performing these steps or still need help resetting your password, you can use QuickBooks automated password reset tool.
- In case you still need help, select Search for something else, type your password, and select Search when you contact us.
Reset a user password
- Log in as the system admin user
- After that navigate to the Company option and then choose Set Up Users and Passwords
- Now choose Set Up Users
- If it prompted, enter the admin password again
- In the User List, choose the user that needs to change their password. Then select Edit User and now enter a new password
- Finally, click twice there and choose the Finish option