In the event that you are looking for the process steps to import Bank transactions into QuickBooks Desktop, you are at the opportune spot. Importing Bank transactions straightforwardly to QuickBooks Desktop will save you from a great deal of manual endeavors and mistakes appended there with. You can undoubtedly import bank transactions into QuickBooks desktop from excel.
You can import bank transactions through the Bank feed highlight in QuickBooks. You ought to go for importing transactions since it will allow you to process bank and credit card transactions proficiently in a consistent way and will allow you to zero in on other business-related requirements.
Setting up of Bank feeds Account
Step 1. First of all, you need to click on Banking and then go to Bank feeds.
Step 2. In this step, you need to click on ‘Set up Bank feeds for an account’ and then you should enter your bank’s name.
Step 3. After that, you need to go to the ‘Link your Accounts’ screen and choose the bank account that you wish to add to the QuickBooks.
Step 4. In the last step, you should follow the on-screen instructions and it will lead to the completion of the process.
Import the Bank Transactions with the help of .QBO file
Step 1. Most importantly, you need to sign in to your bank account and download the transactions as .QBO file.
Step 2. Presently you ought to go to the File menu in your QBDT.
Step 3. In this step, you should click on Utilities > Import and afterward click again on Web Connect Files. After this, click open the .QBO file that you saved before.
Step 4. Pick your Bank account and click on continue. Once you see the discourse box that discloses to you that information is effectively added something extra to QuickBooks, you should click on OK.
Step 5. After the fourth step, you can go to the Bank Feeds focus to see the imported transactions
Import Bank Transactions with Web Connect
Albeit Direct Connect is easier to carry out and use, a few clients don’t really want to link their bank account with QuickBooks Desktop. In the event that you’re one of those clients, you can depend on Web Connect and import bank transactions into QuickBooks Desktop. One advantage here is that you can download however many transactions as made accessible by your bank; though there’s a constraint of one year when utilizing Direct Connect.
To import bank transactions into QuickBooks with Web Connect, follow the steps provided below:
- Click on Banking and select Bank Feeds.
- Click on Bank Feeds Center, then Banking Center.
- Select your Bank and click on Download Transactions.
- In the new browser window, enter your authentication details and download the Web Connect File.
If you want to download the Web Connect file externally, then follow the steps provided below:
- Launch a Web Browser and visit your Bank’s website.
- Enter the Authentication Details.
- Download the transactions in .QBO (QuickBooks Web Connect) file format.
- Launch QuickBooks and click on Banking.
- Select Bank Feeds and click on Import Web Connect Files.
- Select the QBO file downloaded from the Bank’s website and click on Open.
- Select one of:
- Use an existing QuickBooks Account: to import transactions when the bank account is set up in QuickBooks.
- Create a new QuickBooks account: to import transactions when the bank account isn’t set up in QuickBooks.
- Click on Continue, then Ok.
- Review your transactions by visiting the Bank Feeds Center from the Banking menu.
These are the easiest methods to import bank transactions in QuickBooks Desktop. According to your preference, you can select either direct connect or web connect. To know more, you can get in touch with our 99Accounting experts at our LIVE CHAT.