Does Gmail accept a PST contact file? The answer is no. The PST file is created by MS Outlook and is accepted by only a few limited applications. To import Outlook PST contacts to Gmail, you will have to convert them to a format that is readily supported by Gmail. Gmail accepts either a vCard or a CSV file to it. A VCF/vCard is a virtual business card that is used by professionals all around the world to share contacts on different platforms. CSV file on the other hand is a comma-separated file that stores your data in tabular format in records. The data here is separated by a comma.
So, in this article, you will learn about all possible ways to import Outlook PST contacts to Gmail. if you have a damaged PST file, you do worry about that either because we will provide creative solutions regarding that as well.
How to Import Outlook PST Contacts to Gmail?
Since Gmail accepts only two formats namely CSV and vCard, the PST file needs to be converted into any of these two files. To convert Outlook contacts to vCard, CSV, and many other formats, you must go for PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter tool. It is a highly advanced utility with uncountable features incorporated into it. Below given are some noteworthy features of this software:
- Import multiple Outlook PST contacts to Gmail in a single attempt.
- Exports corrupt, orphan, or contacts protected with passwords.
- Automatically matches the custom fields of the contact file.
- Preserves the folder hierarchy and attributes & fields of contacts.
- Provides around nine features to convert your contacts to.
- Protects data integrity and performs the process securely.
- Does not require the installation of MS Outlook on your system.
- Works with all Outlook versions i.e., 2019, 2016, 2013, etc.
Steps to Import Outlook PST Contacts to Gmail
- Download and install PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter tool and add PST file(s) or folder to it.
- Now, the software will scan those contacts and then load them into the software interface.
- It now provides a preview of the PST contacts where you can validate the details and information.
- Finally, choose your desired format (vCard or VCf) and search for a location to save the resultant file. Click on the Export button.
You have completed half of the task required to import Outlook PST contacts to Gmail. Now, let us proceed.
Import the Contacts to Gmail
- Go to https://contacts(.)google(.)com/ link.2
- From the left menu, select the ‘Import’ option.
- Here, you can choose the file you created (vCard or CSV)
- Hit the ‘Import’ button to complete the process.
Manually Import Outlook PST Contacts to Gmail
- Launch MS Outlook and click on File.
- Choose ‘Open & Export’ > ‘Import/Export’.
- Select ‘Export to a File’ > Next.
- Click on ‘Comma Separated Values’ > Next.
- Select the folder to export your contacts from.
- Browse a location to save resultant contacts.
- Map the custom fields of the contacts > Finish.
Now, you have created a CSV file, follow the method mentioned above to import it into Gmail.
Related: Transfer vCard Contacts to Outlook
In this blog, we explained the top ways to Import Outlook PST contacts to Gmail in the simplest ways. There are two methods described above. Users can choose anyone that suits their needs. However, there are some benefits provided by the software over the manual method and that is the ability to work with a corrupt contact file too. Users can try its free version to check out the feature for themselves.