Marijuana was illegal for many years. You could pay hefty fines if caught with a few ounces of marijuana. But after thorough research over several years, there are findings that how to get medical marijuana card in healing herb for medical purposes. Patients are left with the question of how to get medical marijuana cards within their states. There are cutbacks to access marijuana medical.
This is because people have the potential to abuse the drug. The reasons range from the access- There’s no dosage for the use of marijuana. Every patient uses the amount they feel okay with. With a medical marijuana card, a patient can get the herb for any treatment allowed within their state.
Medicinal Properties of Medical Marijuana
Marijuana has existed for several centuries. Before 1800, the Chinese would use it to make fiber. Also, it was used as an analgesic since 200 AD. As you can see, people in the past believed it’s a safe drug.
Marijuana has analgesic properties. In modern medicine, doctors use it in the treatment of painful ailments. It’s the last resort where other pain relief drugs have failed. Medical marijuana also has tonic and soothing properties. However, you need the guidance of a doctor to enjoy some of the properties.
Several research papers show the use of medical marijuana. Today, you will get marijuana to boost your appetite, relieve pain, use it as an antibiotic, etc. The drug has low toxicity. Also, you have a low chance of addiction. It has the lowest addiction effects as compared to other leisure stimulants like tobacco and alcohol.
Benefits of Medical Marijuana
Medical marijuana has many benefits. But it would help if you found out how to get a medical marijuana for healing herb to reap the benefits. Below are some of the things that you will enjoy if you have access to medical marijuana.
Relieve Chronic Pain
Cannabinoids have pain relief properties. MM has plenty of those compounds. You can use marijuana in any form to relieve pain. For example, if your pain is a simple headache, you can use vaporized marijuana to ease the pain. You can also apply cannabis oil to ease the pain.
Help Lose Weight
The chemicals found in Marijuana help improve digestion, regulate insulin, and manage caloric intake. Thus, your body breaks down all the carbs and calories you take to maintain a healthy body.
Increase lung Capacity
Cannabis is a special kind of smoke. You all know that you harm your lungs when you smoke tobacco. But studies on smoking marijuana show that it improves lung capacity.
When you break your bone, you need time to heal. Cannabis helps in the quick healing of the bones. Also, it strengthens the bones, making them hard to break in the future.
The greatest findings in the use of marijuana are in the treatment of cancer. There is clinical proof to show that marijuana helps fight certain types of cancer. It’s also one of the reasons that lead to the legalization of MM.
Another way marijuana helps a cancer patient is by preventing nausea. Chemo treatments create severe nausea and vomiting. Thus, a patient grows weak with time. Marijuana eliminates the nausea feeling, letting the patient eat like a healthy person. The energy they get from food enables them to fight the condition.
Marijuana intake regulates the making and release of insulin. AAMC did research where they found that it helps in balancing blood sugar. It also boosts blood circulation and lowers blood pressure.
You can use cannabis to control and regulate seizures. Studies are ongoing on how marijuana compounds affect an epileptic patient.
Glaucoma adds pressure to the eyeball leading to severe pain. Medical marijuana helps reduce the pain by easing the pressure on the eyeball.
Monitored dosage of marijuana helps to ease anxiety. However, be careful with the intake. Excess consumption of marijuana can lead to anxiety attacks.
The moderate use of marijuana helps a patient feel relaxed. Relaxation helps you not worry about a thing. You can have a puff any time you feel anxious to get calm instantly.
Helps Curb Alcoholism
Alcohol is more addictive than marijuana. Also, it poses more health dangers. An alcoholic patient can start using marijuana in an attempt to stop using alcohol. It is easier to stop taking marijuana than it is with alcohol.
Treat Inflammatory Bowel Disease
You can get relief from ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease in cannabis. Cannabidiol and THC help to improve the immune response. Thus, your cells regenerate faster and heal the affected areas.
Help with ADHD/ADD
ADD, and ADHD prevents one from focusing on a task. Marijuana helps to boost your facts. Therefore, it keeps your ADD/ADHD in check. It’s also a safer option for Ritalin and Adderall.
There’s Hope to Use in Autism Treatment
Cannabis helps to calm and soothe your moods. Thus, there is hope to use it in autism treatment. In addition, studies are ongoing on how to make safe marijuana products for children.
Treatment of Depression
Depression is a menace eating up in people of all ages. Compounds in medical marijuana help soothe the nerves and stabilize your moods. Thus, you can deal with depressive issues with a sober mind.
Risks of Using Medical Marijuana
- Excessive intake of marijuana can cause hallucinations. Thus, it’s risky when a driver uses marijuana as it may cause accidents.
- Prolonged use of marijuana leads to depression. Some studies show prolonged use of marijuana makes the patient suicidal. Therefore, the patient needs to use the drug under close monitoring of a doctor. Also, you should discontinue the use once you have managed your condition.
- Marijuana stimulates your moods and mind. Thus, it can lead to addiction. The THC in marijuana makes you feel high. Your body then develops the need to remain high and in good moods. Thus, you eventually become dependent on the drug. Dependence is the primary cause of depression.
- You can affect your daily life, lower your output at school and work. Marijuana users also have relationship problems.
- Marijuana smoke is the only smoke with minimal to no harm to your body. However, regular smoking can lead to health problems. If you expose your lungs to regular smoke, you will be coughing a lot to eject the smoke from your lungs. In the end, you develop respiratory diseases.
- Marijuana can lead to cyclic vomiting syndrome. It’s a condition that makes a patient vomit and has a severe stomach ache. The condition is more common to marijuana users than other people.
- Heavy use of consumable marijuana can make the THC bind with cannabinoid receptors in the brain. This leads to mood change within a short time. That’s why long-term users of excess marijuana develop bipolar disorder. Other effects are increased appetite, memory loss, and thinking you are in pain.
- Effects of marijuana remain in the body long after the intoxication has cleared. It is a condition you find in many heavy users. According to science, heavy users are people who use cannabis more than three days a week.
- The use of cannabis can trigger the early development of psychosis. In addition, there is a higher risk if you use marijuana products with high levels of THC.
- There are no set dosages for the use of cannabis. Thus, as a patient, you will never know when you are abusing the drug. You can use an amount higher or stronger for your condition.
Once you know how to get a medical marijuana card, you can get access to the magic herb. It has loads of health benefits when you take it in moderation. However, excess intake of marijuana can lead to some health problems.