Getting a loan previously was a difficult task as the Indian citizens did not have a universal Id. Different lenders asked for multiple proofs for Id, address and date of birth. However, with the Aadhaar Card, getting an instant personal loan has become easy and straightforward. Let us see how one can get a personal loan using the Aadhaar card.
Personal loan on Aadhaar card
Personal loans fall under the unsecured loan, i.e. the lender does not ask for any collateral or security for borrowing money to finance emergencies. In such a situation, the lenders typically have a stringent approval system where the applicant has to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the personal loan. Let’s check the criteria
Eligibility criteria for a personal loan
The eligibility criteria for different lenders can vary, but some common requirements include:
- Applicants must be an Indian citizen.
- Applicants must be aged between 21 to 60.
- For salaried professionals residing in Delhi or Mumbai, the minimum monthly income should be Rs 25,000, while for the rest of India, the minimum monthly income required is Rs 20,000.
- For self-employed individuals, the minimum yearly profit after tax is determined based on profession/industry
One is required to submit some a few documents for meeting eligibility criteria:
- Duly filled application form
- Identity proof
- Age proof
- Salary slips for the previous three months (for salaried)
- Bank statement for the last six months
- Income tax returns or Form 16
- Income proof/ financial statements (for self-employed)
While earlier one was required to submit a different document for each proof, now Aadhaar has made it easy as one card takes care of your proof of identity, proof of address, and age proof. Thus, the process is simplified, making it easy for both borrower and lender to apply for the loan and get approval.
Applying for a personal loan with an Aadhaar card
The Aadhaar card has become one of the standard documents used by all the borrowers to get a personal loan. If you too want to apply for a loan on an Aadhaar card, these are some common steps to follow across various lenders’ websites:
Step 1: Visit the personal loan webpage of the lender’s website.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ or a similar button/ link on the personal loan page.
Step 3: You will be redirected to a new page. Fill in your mobile number and select whether you are a salaried professional or self-employed.
Step 4: Using an OTP sent to your mobile number, you will verify yourself and will be redirected to the online application form.
Step 5: In the application form, you will be required to fill in your details — personal, professional, and banking details. You will also need to enter the loan amount and your preferred repayment tenure.
Step 6: Based on your loan application, you will receive a call from the customer care executive to confirm the loan amount, interest rate, and the tenure the lender is willing to offer. All the loan terms depend on the details mentioned by you in the application form.
While applying for a personal loan is easy, below are some tips for finding the right lender for your loan.
Tips for applying for a personal loan
Several lenders are available online offering aadhar card loans to individuals. However, it is crucial to choose the one who understands your requirement and accordingly offers the best loan terms. Follow the tips mentioned below to identify the best lender for you:
- Know your needs: Get an estimate of the loan amount that you require, along with your preferred loan repayment tenure. You can use the EMI calculator to determine these details.
- Ask for the loan terms: Every lender’s website mentions the maximum loan amount they offer and the interest rate. The final loan amount and the interest rate for each applicant are determined based on their income, credit score, and age. So, make sure to know all the loan terms before you apply for the loan. The loan terms will include the amount, interest rate, tenure, and EMI.
- Application process: With digitization, the application process too, has gone online. Make sure to check whether the lender you are choosing offers a hassle-free online documentation process.
- Loan disbursal: Personal loan is usually taken for some emergency purpose. Therefore, the lender must offer quick disbursal. So, choose the lender that has an easy and fast loan disbursal system.
Aadhaar Card has completely changed the financial game as it offers easy and quick KYC, making it easy for both borrowers and lenders. If you are also contemplating whether ‘I need a personal loan’ then opting for a loan on an Aadhar card is the safest and most comfortable option.