Outline – If you are one of those users who are seeking a simple yet effective solution to export all g suite emails. Now you are in the right technical post. At the end of this blog we will make sure that you get the desired export method for your G Suite. Find the best-suited method right here.
Overview of G Suite (Google Workspace) and backup
Google Workspace is a series of enterprise-based product lines such as Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and so forth by Google via a paid subscription program to help expedite the organization. G Suite, previously known as Google Apps for Work and Google Workspace, is a Software as a Service (SaaS).
Mainly to have access to his data all the time. Users seek an assured and workable solution. Large G suite data and multiple accounts backup can be challenging in some scenarios.
In this section, we’ll go over how to manually export G Suite mailboxes to various file formats. We will also provide an automatic solution for doing so for those who find manual solutions complicated.
Method 1. Export Single G suite account via Google Takeout
Google Takeout, also known as Takeaway, is a common tool among Google accounts users. Here are all of the steps to export Google Apps data using Takeout.
- First of sign into https://www.google.com/takeout to login into the account.
- Now, select all the data items that you want to export, such as Gmail, Contacts, Drive, and so on >> click Next button.
- Select the file extension (.zip, .tgz) in which you want to export Google Apps files.
- Next, choose the Delivery method >> click the Create Archive button to start the export process for the G suite account.
- You should then wait until the archive file (.zip/.tgz) is exported and accessible.
- A link to the archive file download will be sent to your Google Apps mailbox.
- Click on the link to download the archive file. Save the exported data from the G Suite folder to a location of your choice.
Method 2. Export all G Suite emails via G suite Export Tool
Initiate the Data Export feature in Google Apps. This utility is applicable to all G Suites for Business plans. The first feature of the Data Export utility is to save data from Google Gmail, Team Drive, Contacts, Hangouts Chats, Documents, Vault, and so on and so forth.
To begin using the Data Export Tool, we must first enable a few configurations and prerequisites for downloading G Suite data:
- Confirm that you are the super administrator of the G Suite account. In addition, the domain should exist for at least 30 days.
- Allow 2-step verification on your G Suite administrator account.
- One more thing that needs to consider is that their user accounts must be less than 1000.
Once you have met the above criteria, proceed as follows:
- Sign up with your G Suite Admin credentials.
- Navigate to the Admin Console and press the “<” button.
- Go to Tools and choose the Data Export option.
- Click the Start button to begin downloading G Suite emails and files.
Method 3. Automated Approach to Export Multiple G suite accounts
If you want more speed, precision, accuracy, and control over backup process, then this method is for you. Above method will not provide selective approach which can be challenge for most business oriented and professionals.
Use SysTools G Suite Backup Tool to easily backup G Suite mailbox data to your local machine.
The following is a systematic procedure of the execute steps, along with reference images:
Step 1: Download and install the app on your device. Click the Backup button on the software’s welcome screen.
Step 2: You will get two supported user accounts i.e. 1. Single User Account 2. Domain Users (Admin).
Choose the account accordingly.
Step 3 : After selecting the G suite account, enter the credential and authenticate your account. In this case we choose Domain user account.
Make sure to follow this path to access multiple users account.
- G Suite admin console > >security >> manage API client access and enable APIs as shown in the refrence image.
- Enter your domain account credential and authentication the account.
- The utility will showcase all the linked G suite accounts data and emails.
Step 4 : Once the authentication is done, provide the file format according to your choice, in which you want your G suite accounts backup.
– MSG and
Such as in the PST format all of you backup data will be saved in the PST Outlook format.
Step 5 : Choose the categories that are
– Contacts, and
– Documents from the utility settings .
Tip – User can also opt for the additional options to add filter for emails and data files. This will make backup more precise and accurate.
Step 7 : At last provide the destination location to save the backup files and click on Start tab. Within the estimated time all of you G suite emails accounts will be backup.
Now you have learned the most proficient way to export all G suite emails regardless of the numbers of accounts in a selective manner.
G suite users need to backup their accounts emails and data files to avoid the threats for data stealing. When user have backup it means the user can access it whenever and wherever in his local machine. Understanding this requirement we mentioned three prominent methods to export all G suite emails.
Choose the method that suits your requirements usable for you.