Choosing the correct international school in Malaysia is one of the most impactful decisions that a parent can make for their child. Different students have different capabilities. Different education boards have different styles of teaching their students. We see that in the differences of syllabus, curriculum, activities, interactions, manner of teaching, etc. A proper curriculum is extremely important to know what kind of teaching systems will be implemented and if your child will be able to adapt to them or not.
Here are some of the tips on how to choose the correct curriculum and international school in Malaysia for your child:
- Read up and investigate all the available information you can find on the different curriculums offered by schools in your city. There is an abundance in the availability of curricula at an international school in Malaysia. The vast quantity itself might end up being something of confusion for parents.
- There will be a private international school in Malaysia as well as a public school, both offering a different kind of curriculum. If you opt for private schools, you will have to look at what kind of board of education is better suited for your child. The most popular ones are the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) which is affiliated with the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), CBSE, and the International Baccalaureate (IB).
- The overall design of the curricula is very important. It should be perfectly balanced, aiding all parts of a student’s mind and exercising all their facilities. A combination of academics, arts and crafts, physical education. These have to be made equally exciting and educational for children attending an international school in Malaysia.
- One major aspect to keep in mind is the affordability of the school that supports your chosen curriculum. An international school in Malaysia is bound to be more expensive than a local school, and a private school will be less pocket-friendly than a public school. So always check the value for money and the reviews of the school that you plan on enrolling your child at.
- A parent should weigh out the merits and demerits of all available options of the international school in Malaysia. This is to see which one is more suitable for their children. They should also keep in mind that the whole point of school is for the students’ brains to develop while learning things that make their day enjoyable. Painstaking academics are bound to follow soon.
- It is always a good idea to opt for a school that has a curriculum that gives importance to extracurricular activities as well as academics. International schools in Malaysia have various activities that students can partake in. These include student clubs, societies, athletics, sports, debate teams, etc.
- The curriculum that a parent picks for an international school in Malaysia is one that their child has to stick to for a while. So thorough research is a must. Parents should know the study and activity plans.
- A well-designed curriculum is fun to work through and intrigues the students. It makes them look forward to learning new concepts in each class. The international school in Malaysia creates curricula that work towards the needs of students, as well as drives their interest, and motivates them to participate more.
Parents need to keep all these and more pointers in mind when deciding which international school in Malaysia to enroll their children in. A good and comfortable curriculum is almost a necessity for the students. This is because it also contributes to the overall development of the children.