It is so important to know about any product’s benefits before buying it. If you do not really know the features and benefits, how are you to use it correctly?
A knee pillow is especially designed to fit between your knees. Knee pillows are made of ultra-soft foam, typically memory foam or polyfoam, relieving pressure from the hips and lower back. The foremost step is to find out the features of the product. Let us see what are some of the features of a knee pillow:
- Shape: All knee pillows are made to fit perfectly between your knees, but there can be slight differences. The shape should be of that it fits between your knees, measuring to your calves. This should be the exact shape of the pillow, so that it provides complete support to the legs.
- Support: A knee pillow must be thick enough, so as to provide the desired support. It will make sure to provide warmth to your body and release all pains.
- Pressure Relief: A knee pillow is designed to release pressure from the body. It is generally used to correct the alignment of the spine. This feature of the pillow helps it to stand out.
- Quality: A perfect knee pillow is made of memory foam. Memory foam takes the shape of the part but stays firm. This is also one of the bet features of a knee pillow.
After looking at some of the basic features of a knee pillow, you might have gotten some idea about the product. To understand the pillow better, let us look at some benefits:
- Eliminates pressure: It ensures that pressure is released and hips are aligned keeping the spine in its natural state.
- Improves blood circulation: Placing a pillow between your legs will elevate both the legs and help in proper flow of the blood through one of the most important veins, vena cava, vein carrying blood from the heart to the back.
- Useful for pregnant women: Pregnant women most often experience severe cramps and back pain. A knee pillow can be a great measure to provide relief from such pains.
- Spine alignment: A knee pillow, if used correctly can align the spine and slowly better the hump.
Some people still use regular pillows as knee pillows, this might provide comfort, but not as much comfort from using a knee pillow. It can be used by any type of sleeper, but researchers ask stomach sleepers and people who frequently move in their sleep as they generally do not benefit much from knee pillows.
So, this is the cue to get a knee pillow for yourself!