Computers have become an integral part of our lives windows and it has been that way ever since this amazing piece of machinery was made available for public use. Computers offer a wide range of practical applications that range from calculations to solving complex codes, but most importantly, they offer us a platform where we can learn and explore.
Installing and activating the operating system is quite easy too. If you are new to all this and want to activate your windows 10 on your desktop, read the blog till the end to know how to activate your window 10 in two simple ways.
Steps to activate Windows 10 with a product key
Step 1: you will need to input your product key during the installation of windows 10. The key will either be included with your box or the documentation provided that comes with a legal purchase. In case you are proactive, you can simply activate windows 10 while you are installing it.
As soon as the installation process begins, you will be asked to input your 25-character key during that same process. Once you enter the key at this stage, it will be activated for you so you are ready to begin as soon as the installation is complete.
In case you do not have a product key ready while the installation process is underway, it is still possible for you to proceed and activate it later. Once the windows have been installed, you can activate your key using the steps that are given below.
- Press the Windows key and then click on the settings menu to select update and security to click on activation or you can simply type activation in the search bar of windows.
- Now, locate and then press the “change product key” option.
- Next, you will need to type your product key into the pop-up box and then press it and then click on activate to finish. Make sure that you are online when you try to activate it.
These simple steps can help you on how to activate windows 10 with a product key without much fuss. In case you do not have a product key, you can simply direct yourself to the windows store directly from the activation process to buy the product key.
Simple steps to activate windows 10 with a digital license
Windows 10 has made it a lot easier to re-activate windows. This is because users now can link their windows licenses to their Microsoft accounts. You can simply use these steps to use the same process shortly in case you have already activated windows 10 on your computer. You can find the steps to the link process on the internet with relative ease.
You can even check for the confirmation of your account being linked before you move forward to make any system changes or to re-install the windows by locating yourself in the settings panel and clicking on updates and security to choose the activation option. You can find a message in the activation section of the window that says “windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account”.
Note: keep in mind that you can only use this method to activate the same 10 edition as your account had previously been linked to, that is, home, pro, etc. You will also need an active internet connection that is stable and strong.
- When you are prompted to activate the product key during the installation of Windows 10, you will need to click on the “I do not have a product key” option.
- Now, log in to your account using the Microsoft account that you linked to your windows 10 digital license when you are setting it up. You can also add a Microsoft account later and can set up a local account, to begin with.
may get activated automatically at this point. You can check whether your have been activated with the use of your linked digital license. You will only need to follow the steps given below in case you have made some major changes in the hardware.
- Before you begin with these steps, make sure that you do all of this as an administrator.
- Use the windows search bar to locate yourself to the activation tab.
- In case the windows have not been activated, press and select the troubleshoot option.
- Now, follow all of the instructions given on the screen and then do the same for the sign-in instructions.
- Next, you will simply need to activate the by choosing your device from the list of devices that pop up on your screen.
These are some of the simple steps that one can use to activate windows 10 for personal and professional use without much fuss.