How Do Physically Disabled People Get Driving License Online in Kolkata?
The majority of us here are enthusiastic about driving and riding bikes. Driver safety becomes even more crucial for physically challenged people due to the fact that they are able to move the same way as everyone else. Whenever we use crutches, calipers, walkers, or wheelchairs, our movement is constrained by the flexibility of these walking aids, which is the case everywhere else.
Physically handicapped people, therefore, require greater levels of driving proficiency than others. If you’re physically handicapped, driving a car here isn’t going to be a stroll in the park. Due to many Government Orders, the regulations and their knowledge have just lately been defined. So, below, I’ll provide all of the information needed for a physically challenged individual to obtain a driving license and drive safely.
What are the criteria for obtaining a license if you have a disability?
The essential criterion for a license is that the candidate has to pass the requisite medical examination and be able to operate a vehicle safely while complying with state regulations. They will also be required to follow unlicensed driver permit regulations and procedures, as well as pass a driving test.
Being disabled is not enough to prevent someone from getting a license. But a limited license may be issued based on a person’s ability and the type of adapted equipment in a vehicle.
An individual must accomplish the following activities in order to get online a driving license in Kolkata:
- Minimum age of 16 years is required.
- Completing a driver’s education course is recommended.
- Pass a state-administered written test.
- Pass a state-mandated road test.
- Pass a vision test.
- Obtain a non-licensed driver’s license.
What is the procedure for obtaining a Driving license in Kolkata?
Handicapped people can Get Online Driving License in Kolkata in the same way as non-disabled people can. They must demonstrate that they comprehend the responsibility of driving and the laws of the road.
Here’s how to apply for a driving license online in Kolkata
- It’s easy to do this by going online and visiting the official Government of India website:
- Then, go to Online Services and click on New Driver’s Licence to get started.
- After specifying your state of residence, fill out the form according to the directions.
- Submit scanned copies of documents as specified by the application form.
- Pay the necessary fees.
- Schedule a driving test appointment.
- Arrive at your regional RTO at the scheduled time and day.
Required Documents for obtaining a Driving license in Kolkata
Proof of identity (anyone)
- Birth or adoption certificate
- 10th Class mark sheet
- PAN Card
- Transfer certificate from school for any class with a date of birth printed on it.
During the road test, a person will be driving their own modified car. The evaluation will include a variety of actions, including stopping, turning, and parking. A written test focuses on driving procedures and traffic laws. Persons are unable to use a pen and paper for the evaluation. If a person needs help taking the exam, they should contact the state department of motor vehicles office closest to their residence ahead of time to make accommodations.
It is possible for someone who does not own an accessible car to borrow one; most jurisdictions do not have vehicle ownership laws. What matters is that it’s something you’re used to and want to utilize.
Proof of address(anyone)
- Utility bill
- Bank account statement.
- Aadhaar Card
- Self-owned house agreement
- LIC bond
- Voters ID Card
- Ration card
Other Requirements for Driving Licence:
- Application Form
- 3 passport-sized photographs
- Medical Certificate that any evidence of your medical condition or disability
Anyone applying for a driving license is expected to reveal any medical problems or disorders that might impair their driving skills. As part of the driving license application process, you should also fill out a parking sticker or placard application.