Gmail to Outlook conversion is rarely seen by trusted applications so we are going to share both manual and direct methods to export data from Gmail to Outlook PST format.
Gmail stores email on the cloud and it is a worldwide spread email service or to say that no one is untouched by it. Since in some cases the user needs a reliable and straightforward method to import Gmail data into Outlook in order to recover the data.
Here the manual approach is also searchable by the user so we want to share both the process and you can try whatever you want.
Why Gmail to Outlook Conversion is Required?
Gmail is a completely secure and useful service, but there are some reasons why users are looking for solutions to open it in other email clients such as MS Outlook.
- Gmail account cannot be opened offline, for this the need of internet is required continuously.
- Gmail has many features but it does not provide many features of Outlook like Time Zone, Sticky Note, Contacts, Calendar, and Reminder, etc.
- Online data tampering is more than offline.
- Google can suspend its service at any time.
By what mean can I move data from Gmail to Outlook?
There are two commonly known methods of moving Gmail data to Outlook – manual and third-party solutions.
The manual method is a bit lengthy and complete in two-phase, whereas third-party solutions can migrate more mailboxes at once.
Manually moving data from Gmail to Outlook
To move Gmail data to Outlook, you must first activate the “Less secure app” in your Google account then the user can follow the below steps.
- Open Gmail >> gear icon >> click See all Settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab >> Under IMAP Access, click Enable IMAP >> Click Save Changes.
Connect Gmail to Outlook
- Launch Outlook and go to File tab >> Account Settings
- In the Account Settings window, click on New.
- Type your Gmail email address and click Connect >> Fill in the password and again click Connect.
- Your account setup is almost complete.
There are some additional steps also available if you are using an older version of Microsoft Outlook.
Easy way to import Gmail data to Outlook
To do the direct method, first, the user has to back up his Gmail account. This service by Google is completely free in which users can get data in mbox format.
However, it cannot be opened directly in Outlook, which requires a mbox converter.
Learn: How to take a backup of Gmail?
Here we use the MailsDaddy MBOX converter tool (also known as Gmail converter tool) which is the most preferred application software to convert Gmail data to Outlook in a few easy clicks. With the software, users can also perform Gmail to Office 365 and Live Exchange migration.
Simple Steps to Gmail for Outlook
- Launch MBOX Converter and click on Add File button to load Gmail data.
- After loading and scanning the data, press the Export button in the upper menu bar.
- Choose a PST file format and a conversion option: Single PST and Variant PST
- Browse the destination to save the mailbox and click the Export button again
You will see the Process window on the software, so wait until it changes to the confirmation window.
Here the complete method is explained in simple steps by which users can move data from Gmail to Outlook. However manual process takes much more time than the MailsDaddy MBOX converter. So choose any method at your convenience. You can also try the free edition of the Gmail converter tool and migrate 20 emails from each folder.