Canada is celebrated as an Immigrant Welcoming Country. It also presents various avenues of studying and research to students. Canada is known to have some of the top universities and colleges which is why there is a crowd of foreign students who aspire to study here. Canada offers international students with student visas so that they can study and pursue higher education in the country. If you are someone who is willing to pursue higher studies in Canada, then this blog is for you. In this blog, we present you with everything related to study permit and Canada student visa from UAE.
How to Apply for a Student Visa?
Students can either apply for their study permit online or through the conventional offline applications. This application can be obtained from the CIC – Citizenship and Immigration Canada website. It is important to note that paper applications take longer processing time than online. Online applications take comparatively lesser processing time and are much more convenient. Before applying through paper, one should take a note of the processing time. However, Canada immigration consultants in Dubai can help you with it.
Student Direct Stream Application
Canada has also introduced an immigration program for foreign students named Student Direct Stream which invites students from India, China, Vietnam or the Philippines. Those who apply via Student Direct Stream can get their study permit faster. One should note that the requirements are just as similar as a regular study permit, only the language requirements are stricter. If your requirements meet with the regular Canada student visa from UAE then you will be assessed under the regular study permit category. Only those meeting with the Student Direct Stream requirement will be given faster processing.
How to Obtain a Student Visa?
The process of obtaining the student visa for Canada is as follows:
- The student is required to obtain a letter of acceptance from any recognized institution of higher education.
- The second step is to obtain an application package which can either be availed from the CIC website or through local visa office. This can also be availed in the Canadian embassy in one’s native country.
- Next step is to give a few answers about oneself on the CIC website which is done to analyze whether the student is eligible to study in Canada or not.
- When found eligible, the student will receive a checklist code that is valid for 60 days that is needed for application submission. This checklist consists of all the necessities required for the upcoming steps.
- Post this, create a My CIC account where you will be required to enter the checklist code. After doing this, you are required to upload documents.
- Submit your completed application to the CIC.
When you are selected, you will receive a Port of Entry Letter of Introduction. If You require an eTA – Electronic Travel Authorization based on the country you are coming from, you will be issued an eTA. This eTA is linked with the passport.
Take all these documents and your passport and present these to the Canada Border Services Agency who will then issue a study permit for you and grant you access into Canada. Canada Immigration Consultants in Dubai can help you in obtaining your student visa without any hassle.