Norton autofix 8504 is caused by an incomplete installation or unethical downloading. This could happen if you have had another antivirus product or security software installed on your computer before.
This error can be caused by malware or viruses infected Windows System files or Norton Antivirus-related programs files. The active program window crashes as a result.
This error can cause your computer to crash often if you attempt to run the same program. The installation process may also fail. It can also affect the upgrade process.
Windows becomes slow and runs slowly when this error occurs. Windows may restart automatically if this happens. Your system may also freeze more often.
How to Fix Norton Security Suite Error 8504 Effectively
Here are some effective solutions you can try to fix the Norton error 8504.
Process 1: Disable Pre-Installed Antivirus
Pre-installed anti-virus must be removed in order to fix Norton security suite error 8544. Then, follow the steps below.
- First, uninstall all security software that is already installed on your computer.
- Next, click on both the Windows and R keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Type appwiz.CPL now and click the Enter button.
- Next, open the Antivirus Tool and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to delete the program. Next, click the OK button.
- Reboot your computer and verify that the error is gone.
Process 2: Update graphics card
Update the Graphics card to fix Norton error 8544. This will fix Norton’s error 8504.
- First, click on the Manage option in the My Computer menu. Next, click on the Device Manager option. Select the Display adapters option. You can also press the Windows key and R simultaneously and type devmgmt.MSC. Next, press the Enter key.
- Go to the Display Adapters section and click on the HD Graphics Card choice. Next, click on the Update Driver Software option.
- After this, check that your HD Graphics Card has been updated. To do that, click on Alt and Enter simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Finally, restart your driver to verify that the error does not persist.
Process 3: Use the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
This error can be fixed by Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool. Follow the steps below.
- Go to Norton’s official website and download the Norton Remove and Install tool.
- Next, choose the file you downloaded and run the installation process. Next, choose the Advanced option.
- Go to the Remove the only option, then click the Remove option. Reboot your computer and see if the error appears.
Process 4: Use the Norton AutoFix tool
Use Norton Autofix Tool to fix error 8504
- To start detecting, first, go to Norton AutoFix Tool and click on Run.
- Once the problem is identified, the tool will automatically remove it and provide detailed information.
Process 5: Use Disk Cleanup Utility
This issue might be fixed by the disk cleanup utility. These are the steps you should take.
- First, navigate to the Start menu. Next, open the Start menu and type “command” in the Search Box. To move on to the next step, don’t click the Enter button.
- Now press the Ctrl and Shift keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Next, click on “Yes” to grant permission. Then, enter “Regedit”. Next, click on the Enter button.
- The disk cleanup process will now begin to calculate how much space can each drive take out.
- Next, choose the “Temporary files” option to delete junk files.
- Select the checkbox next to the categories that you want to delete. Next, click the OK button. You have now successfully deleted the junk and temporary files from your device.
Process 6: Device drivers
Sometimes, updating the device drivers can be a good solution. Hence,
- Click on the Start option first.
- Select the Search Automatically option at the end to download the latest driver software.
If you still have problems with the updated driver, try reinstalling it.
How to Reinstall Drivers:
- Go to Device Manager first.
- Press and hold the device’s name. Next, click on the Uninstall button.
- Reboot your computer. Windows might then reinstall the driver.
Process 7: Run System File Checker
These are the steps you can take to run System File Checker.
- First, press the Start button.
- Next, open the Search Box, and then type “command”.
- Next, hold down Ctrl, Shift, and Enter simultaneously on your keyboard.
- You will now be asked for permission. Click the “Yes” button.
- You will then see a blinking cursor appear on the black box.
- Next, type “SFC/ scannow” and hit the Enter key.
- The System File Checker will now start scanning and you can then follow the instructions on the screen.
Process 8: Install all Windows Updates
These are the steps to follow in order to install all Windows Updates.
- First, choose the Start option.
- Next, open the Search Box, and then enter “Update”. Next, press the Enter key.
- The Windows Update dialog box will now appear. If updates are available, click on “Install Updates”.