Outline – In this article, we will go through how to export Webmail contacts to Outlook as well as all webmail clients.
Webmail is an email service that is accessible over the internet. When you send or receive messages, you are communicating directly with the online servers. You can access your emails using webmail from anywhere around the globe and on any device. All you need is a web browser and an internet connection.
It is an additional function. You can always use email applications like Outlook or Thunderbird. These programs have various advantages over Webmail. Unlike other email systems, Webmail does not require any setup. With no setup, cPanel provides simple and rapid access to your data.
Webmail offers three clients: Horde, SquirrelMail, and Roundcube. Because cPanel has discontinued the SquirrelMail client, we will only examine the other two clients in this article.
Reasons to Export WebMail Contacts to Outlook
- Errors occur often while using the WAB address book. This issue not only irritates but also annoys the user to the point that he wants to switch to the Outlook email client.
- WAB file corruption as a result of virus and malware invasion. They either refuse to open or the content becomes unintelligible to human sight.
- Users are eager to upgrade to the Outlook application to take advantage of improved features and improved email management.
- Outlook is an essential component of the Office Suite. This allows users to preserve and handle their emails, but they must first convert WAB to PST format.
- Because of its basic and easy-to-manage approach, business users choose Microsoft Outlook.
How can I export Webmail Contacts to Outlook?
MS Outlook only accepts two file types: PST and CSV. Roundcube only exports contacts files in vCard format. A vCard (VCF) is a standard contact file used by businesses to share contact information.
A vCard file may be used with several distinct email clients and devices. Therefore, it also serves as a universal virtual business card. That’s why we must first export the contacts from Webmail in vCard format and then convert them to a PST file before importing them into MS Outlook.
Method to Export Contacts from Horde Client
Horde supports a variety of file formats, but because they must be imported into Outlook, we will limit our focus to the VCF format.
- Log in to your webmail account. To gain immediate access to webmail, click on any of the following links:
- IP Address for your account: 2096
- URL: https://domain.com:2096
- IP address/webmail address of the account
- You’ll be directed to the Webmail interface. In the top menu, select “Address Book.”
- Now, on the left panel, select “Import/Export.”
- Select vCard as from the drop-down option under the Export Address Book section.
- Next, choose the address book you want to transfer to your Outlook account.
- Select the Export option. Your VCF file will be stored in the default folder.
Following that, we will discuss Roundcube, which can be used to export Webmail contacts to Outlook.
Export Contacts from the Roundcube Client?
When compared to Horde, exporting contacts from Roundcube is easier and faster. Take the following steps:
- Log in to your Webmail account using one of the ways listed above.
- Once you’ve logged in to your webmail account, go to the top-right corner and click on “Contacts.”
- Select the address book to be transferred and click the Export option in the left column.
- The vCard file you selected has been exported.
Now that you understand how to create a normal VCF file, you will learn how to import it into Outlook.
Export Webmail Contacts into Outlook?
As previously stated, MS Outlook does not directly accept vCards. They must first be converted to VCF before being imported into Outlook.
To defend oneself from corruption, you should use the software. The Pcvita vCard Importer tool to import vCard contacts to Outlook program is a well-known program all across the world. This utility converts your VCF file into a PST file that is compatible with Outlook.
To Export Webmail Contacts to Outlook, follow these steps:
Step 1: Download and install the program, then load webmail contacts.
Step 2: The vCard file has now been successfully loaded. You can see a preview of them.
Step 3: Next, choose the export type, which can be an existing PST file, a new PST file, or an MS Outlook profile.
Step 4: Finally, choose a destination location for your file and press the Export button.
Finished! You have completed the operation of exporting Webmail contacts to Outlook.
In this blog, we covered the ways to export Webmail contacts to Outlook. We also discussed the many types of webmail clients. You can use any of the methods, such as Horde or Roundcube, depending on your application. The program we’ve highlighted here is one of the best on the market. It ensures that none of your data are damaged and that your task is accomplished quickly.