Want an effortless way to export Outlook for Mac contacts to Gmail? A lot of users prefer having their contact book in Gmail because it is very versatile and allows you to access the contacts even on your smartphones. The Mac Outlook application creates an OLM file that stores its data. This file format is not very flexible and cannot be accessed by any other application without converting it to the relevant format.
This makes it obvious that you cannot import this file to Gmail and will have to convert it to CSV. The CSV file is a Comma Separated Values format that stores your data in records. It can be accessed by multiple platforms. In this article, we are going to explain a manual and a direct method to help you resolve the issue.
Smart Way to Export Outlook for Mac Contacts to Gmail
Users can go for third-party tools in case they want to simplify their work. The Mac OLM file converter tool is an advanced utility built specifically for the conversion of files. It is preferred by the majority of professionals worldwide because of its efficient working capacity. It provides significant features as discussed below:
Features of the tool:
- Can export multiple contacts to Gmail in bulk.
- It preserves the folder hierarchy & its structure.
- Securely performs the process & maintains data integrity.
- Can perform selective conversion of contacts.
- Exports all fields & attributes of the files safely.
- Supports Mac Outlook 2019, 2016, 2011 versions.
- Option to apply date filter & naming convention.
- Compatible with orphan Mac Outlook contact files.
Note: For Windows: OLM file to PST Converter
Steps to Export Mac Outlook Contacts to Gmail
- First of all, download and install the software on your Mac system. Then, add contact file(s) or folder to it.
After this, select CSV as your export option & apply settings.
Browse a location to save this file & click on the ‘Export’ button.
- You can simply import this file to Gmail & use it.
- Manually Export Outlook for Mac Contacts to Gmail
The Mac Outlook saves your data only in OLM & txt files. There is no direct option to create a CSV from this application. Let us find out how you can get results using the manual method.
- Launch Mac Outlook & click on the ‘File’ option.
- Now, choose ‘Export’ from all options.
- From the Window that pops up, choose ‘Contacts to a list.
- Select .txt format and give a location to save this file.
- Now, open this file using any spreadsheet program.
- Click on ‘Save as’ & save it in CSV format.
- Now, go to contacts(.)google(.)com.
- Click on ‘Import’ from the left menu.
- Then, select this CSV file you created & import it.
In this blog, we have explained the best two methods to export Outlook for Mac contacts to Gmail. You can apply the automatic solution to any version of Mac Outlook including 2019, 2016, 2011. Both of the methods are well described and work great if you want to switch from Mac to a cloud-based application.