Are you a Mac Outlook user who wants to learn ways to export Mac Outlook contacts to CSV? If you’re nodding your head yes, then you’ll be glad to know that this article discusses best practices that one can adopt to perform this task.
Microsoft developed Outlook for PC users which rose to fame in no time. Owing to its functionalities, advanced features, and skills to handle a large amount of data, Microsoft attracted more and more users to its platform. In the recent past, they released this email application for Mac users as well. It’s no rocket science to realize that even though both of these platforms are named similar, they vary in working drastically. Hence, the reason why the Mac version of MS Outlook does impose some drawbacks.
We are going to discuss one of those and will talk about how you can export Mac Outlook contacts to CSV. A CSV format is a comma-separated values file that saves its data in records and fields. It is specialized in storing numeric or alphabetical information safely in spreadsheet programs. It is highly versatile and hence can be used with quite a large number of applications.
Let’s now straight dive into the solutions to help you export your data.
How to Export Mac Outlook Contacts to CSV?
The Outlook for Mac exports its data in OLM format by default. This OLM file is not flexible and hence cannot be used by any other application. So, once you export contacts in OLM format, you will be required to convert them into CSV separately. Let us first find out how you can complete the first phase of this chapter.
- Open Outlook for Mac on your system.
- Click on ‘File’ & choose ‘Export’ button.
- Select the ‘Contacts’ and tap on the continue button.
- Browse a destination location to save this file.
- After the process completes, click on Finish.
Now that you have successfully exported your Mac Outlook data in an OLM file, you now have to use the Mac OLM Converter tool to convert this file into CSV.
Create CSV file from the OLM Contacts
- Download the tool on your system and click on Add file(s)/ folder.
- Pick the OLM file you created and add it to the interface.
- In the next window, choose the folders and select CSV format.
- Finally, search a location to save this file and hit the ‘Export’ button.
Voila! You have completed the job. This software provides many significant features as discussed below:
- Export Mac Outlook contacts to CSV in bulk.
- Convert the contacts into multiple file formats.
- Moves all attributes & fields of the files.
- Provides the option to selectively convert the contacts.
- No restrictions on the number or size of contacts you transform.
- Maintains folder hierarchy & structure of data.
In this article, we discussed how you can export Mac Outlook contacts to CSV. It explains the entire process step by step with complete details. Follow this guideline closely to achieve accurate and perfect results.