It is not always easy to move your contact list from one platform to another since it consists of a lot of uncertainties. If any step goes wrong, you may end up losing your data forever. The same problem lies when you try to export iCloud contacts to PST. The PST file belongs to Outlook which is capable of storing all data items including contacts. You can easily save up to 2 GB of information in a PST file. Once you perform this conversion from iCloud to PST, you can shift its address book to Outlook in form of PST.
“I have been using my iCloud account for over a year now and over time, it has got a couple of hundreds of contacts saved in it. I need to move them all into my Outlook account to be able to reach them out easily. How is it possible to export iCloud contacts to PST in an easy way?”
To answer all of such similar queries, you must go through the method we describe in this article.
How to Export iCloud Contacts to PST?
As you already know that you have to first export the contact list from your iCloud account and then import it to PST. The smartest way is to export them into vCard format which is a virtual contact file having a designated field for saving all data. After you export them to this business card format, you should move them to Outlook.
But wait, can you import these business cards to Outlook? The answer is yes! But, there’s a catch here! Outlook supports importing only one vCard at a time. This means, if you own over a hundred contacts, it is nearly impossible for you to move them all in one go. If you try to move in one file at a time, it would make the process very lengthy and prone to error. The best way would be to convert the contacts into PST.
To perform this task, the best way would be to use converter software. The vCard Importer software from Pcvita is the best way to import vCard contacts to Outlook. It helps users to convert multiple contacts to PST files that you can later use to move to Outlook.
Here is the working of the entire procedure.
Steps to Export iCloud Contacts to PST
This process is divided into three phases. Let us discuss them in detail.
Phase 1: Export Contacts from iCloud
- Sign in to your iCloud account & tap on the Contacts option.
- Choose all contacts & click on the gear icon.
- Select the “Export vCard” option & save these files.
Phase 2: Export iCloud Contacts to PST
- Install the tool on your system and click on the Add File option to load them in the tool.
- In the next screen, preview the details of the contact files.
- Choose the files to export and select the destination.
- You can choose an existing PST file, new PST file, or default Outlook profile. After this, click on the Export button to generate PST files.
Phase 3: Import PST to Outlook
- Open the Outlook application & click on the File button.
- Tap on the “Open & Export” button from this list.
- Then, click on “Import from another program or file”.
- Now, select the PST option and tap on Next.
- Select the PST file to import & choose a folder to save.
- At last, match the custom fields & tap on Finish.
In this blog, we have provided the best way to export iCloud contacts to PST. Users must go through all steps and follow them perfectly to achieve great results. The iCloud produces 3.0 and 4.0 versions of business card files which can easily get converted using the software we recommend here. You can be carefree as this software provides a safe environment and maintains data integrity.